Bad news for Danner

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Placed an order back on 4/29 (non-LE) JTR, VIN assigned 5/14, D statused. Just got a call from the dealer, they got bought out from another dealership and my order is cancelled. :crying:

The worst part is I don't get to keep my spot in line and have to re-order from the new company. They are still giving me EP on the JT, but now I can't order what I want due to the Steel Bumper Shortage. They aren't willing to sell me one later at the order price either. They said there is no ETA when the bumper will come available again, so now I will have to wait for that or settle for one without. Or wait it out with the Gator Boys/Gals.

I need comfort and words of encouragement, LOL
Sponsored

Skyler7381

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite LE
Placed an order back on 4/29 (non-LE) JTR, VIN assigned 5/14, D statused. Just got a call from the dealer, they got bought out from another dealership and my order is cancelled. :crying:

The worst part is I don't get to keep my spot in line and have to re-order from the new company. They are still giving me EP on the JT, but now I can't order what I want due to the Steel Bumper Shortage. They aren't willing to sell me one later at the order price either. They said there is no ETA when the bumper will come available again, so now I will have to wait for that or settle for one without. Or wait it out with the Gator Boys/Gals.

f

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Just grab a JL bumper off craigslist. People replace them with aftermarket all the time. They sell for around $500 here regularly.

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
But still that sucks. Sorry. What a weird turn of events.

OP
OP
DanOnTheCob

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Just grab a JL bumper off craigslist. People replace them with aftermarket all the time. They sell for around $500 here regularly.
Never thought about doing something like that, however nothing for sale yet around here. I guess I could be patient and see, I think I would rather just get it from the factory though.

Sponsored

Deleted member 20081

Deleted member 20081

Did you try #jeep cares. Or whatever they call themselves. Maybe they can do something. That is ridiculous. If you buy and ongoing business you buy their book of business including orders. Wrong on so many levels. What about it @Jeep Cares?

OP
OP
DanOnTheCob

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Did you try #jeep cares. Or whatever they call themselves. Maybe they can do something. That is ridiculous. If you buy and ongoing business you buy their book of business including orders. Wrong on so many levels. What about it @Jeep Cares?
True How do you Tag them? @JeepCares maybe that works?

VON# 43713549
VIN 1C6JJTBG1LL116573

Last edited:

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link

So, if the new folks aren't willing to work with you,
sorry for this, IF easily offended, please close before going further:

FUCK THEM!
FUCK THEM UP THE ASS WITH A CORN COB DUCT TAPED ON THE END OF A MOP HANDLE!

K, I'm better now...

Sponsored

41Willys

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Pilot, '16 Kia Sorrento, '07 Toyota Tundra
Yeah, something fishy. I call bullshit.

Deleted member 20081

#JeepCares? I hope they are lurking nearby

since41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee, Trackhawk, RAM DT,
Is it a Cincy dealer? If they are giving you EP I'd stay patient.

OP
OP
DanOnTheCob

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
So, if the new folks aren't willing to work with you,
sorry for this, IF easily offended, please close before going further:

FUCK THEM!
FUCK THEM UP THE ASS WITH A CORN COB DUCT TAPED ON THE END OF A MOP HANDLE!

K, I'm better now...
:CWL:

OP
OP
DanOnTheCob

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Is it a Cincy dealer? If they are giving you EP I'd stay patient.
Yes it is, I had a deposit down with Travis @ Tri City, but this dealer shocked me and said they would match or beat any offer. So I went with them since they are within 10 miles of home
Sponsored