Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow / 2005 Honda Accord Coupe w/ Air Suspension
Occupation
Owner of printing company
Vehicle Showcase
Just trying to get some suggestions on which you guys would prefer and why?

Banks Ram Air or AFE Momentum GT

Trying to decide but can't figure out which one I want more. Does it just come down to brand? or does Banks have more pros.
Sponsored

HemiMagnum1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody, Durango SRT 392
I have the AFE and have no complaints, it does feel a bit peppier and sounds good. I use a dash mount 0-60 timer and noticed about a 1-1.5 second improvement over stock acceleration combined with an AFE Exhaust. I was at an 8 second 0-60 before and now at about a 6.5 second 0-60 after.

Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
I have the AFE and have no complaints, it does feel a bit peppier and sounds good. I use a dash mount 0-60 timer and noticed about a 1-1.5 second improvement over stock acceleration combined with an AFE Exhaust. I was at an 8 second 0-60 before and now at about a 6.5 second 0-60 after.
See, this is good, quantitative data that can be used by others when making a choice. I'm in the market for upgrades. Armor, wheels/tires, and performance. I'm looking at 1. more air in, then 2. more air out. Probably will get a supercharger eventually. But, you have to have the groundwork for that FIRST. So, CAI first, then exhaust.

I've been looking at the various brands, etc. Banks was popular in the 80's and 90's. Edlebrock is still a brand that backs up it's performance specs. I'm not familiar with AFE stuff, but see it sold on Quadratec. K&N filters measure INTAKE via their filters, so they SHOULD in theory have solid data to support any gains.

Anymore thoughts?

HemiMagnum1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody, Durango SRT 392
See, this is good, quantitative data that can be used by others when making a choice. I'm in the market for upgrades. Armor, wheels/tires, and performance. I'm looking at 1. more air in, then 2. more air out. Probably will get a supercharger eventually. But, you have to have the groundwork for that FIRST. So, CAI first, then exhaust.

I've been looking at the various brands, etc. Banks was popular in the 80's and 90's. Edlebrock is still a brand that backs up it's performance specs. I'm not familiar with AFE stuff, but see it sold on Quadratec. K&N filters measure INTAKE via their filters, so they SHOULD in theory have solid data to support any gains.

Anymore thoughts?
Thanks!
By the way, I just supplemented the AFE CAI and Vulcan Exhaust with a Livernois Tuner. Whoh!!!

The Livernois tuner is no joke! There is a MAJOR improvement in acceleration over my previous setup. I need to do some actual measurements, but it shifts better, accelerates harder and just plain old kicks butt!!! Way to go Livernois!!!