First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Manual
Occupation
A&P
Finished the install. To use the sliders with the Jeep factory rock rails you’ll have to put the Barricade mounts over the factory mounts. I was able to reuse all of the factory screws with the exception being the front body mounts. The Barricade front mounts don’t fit exactly over the factory mounts due to a lip along the factory mount’s edge - so I had to use a couple of washers to fill the void between the two mounts to ensure the Barricade mount sat flush with the top of the lip. The Barricade front pinch seam mounting bracket can be used during the install - the center and rear pinch seam mounts can’t be used due to the factory rock rail brackets. The most frustrating part of the install was properly aligning the Barricade rails while all mounting screws were semi-tightened. I found it easier to start tightening the rock rails down at the center mount, then the back and finally the front.

69DE24D8-071C-4C0A-A876-AE30C1759C7D.jpeg

FC316068-1C3D-49C5-A4BB-4903B6F0413B.jpeg

65D106D8-1368-4D4A-961E-22150B38CDCE.jpeg
would you mind posting a picture of this finished? I am super curious to see what it looks like. Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
jbehrn

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Sponsored

OP
OP
jbehrn

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So far so good - makes it easier for my wife and kid to get in and out (my biggest concern). The passenger front mount has a contact point with the frame due to a metal plate hanging off the frame. I’m going to have to adjust the mount on that side….

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave
Yeah, I installed them on my Mojave. IMO, these are not great if you already have the factory sliders. I may have tried something else that involved removing the factory sliders and just sold those.

OP
OP
jbehrn

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I installed them on my Mojave. IMO, these are not great if you already have the factory sliders. I may have tried something else that involved removing the factory sliders and just sold those.
I agree - I needed something that can act as a step for my kid and wife. The rails are made in China and some of the seams have holes in the welds. Not the best quality - but they should do the job for the next couple of years until I get something better

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
I agree - I needed something that can act as a step for my kid and wife. The rails are made in China and some of the seams have holes in the welds. Not the best quality - but they should do the job for the next couple of years until I get something better
So they don’t really hold up as a good step or not as a good slider or both? I’m interested in them bc I’m able to keep the factory rails but would like to use them as a step and an extended slider.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jbehrn

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For my needs they act fine as a step and to prevent errant doors from dinging my truck . They hang out far enough so that my wife and kid can step onto them and then step into the truck. They support their weight without issue - and they are textured to prevent slippage. They are not as wide as the factory running boards on the Overland or lower trims.

I couldn’t say about them holding up as rock sliders. The factory sliders feel much more solid than these. They may last a few runs - but I don’t think they are solid enough to take continual abuse. As noted there are a couple of seams were the welds have some minor holes.

My work is pretty busy lately so I haven’t been on any trails to see how they behave. I’m hoping to run some trails this fall in Big Bend…

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave
So they don’t really hold up as a good step or not as a good slider or both? I’m interested in them bc I’m able to keep the factory rails but would like to use them as a step and an extended slider.
How much use are they going to get as a step and who is going to be using it...? In my case, I'm 6'4" 230 and will not use it. My wife is 5'4" 125 and will use it. I think if I used them all the time I'd be worried about their longevity. I don't have any concerns with my wife using them.

EDIT - If I was going to be using something as a step I would have given consideration to these and removing the factory sliders (and selling those) https://www.extremeterrain.com/barr...nhanced-rubi-rails-textured-black-jg2564.html

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
How much use are they going to get as a step and who is going to be using it...? In my case, I'm 6'4" 230 and will not use it. My wife is 5'4" 125 and will use it. I think if I used them all the time I'd be worried about their longevity. I don't have any concerns with my wife using them.

EDIT - If I was going to be using something as a step I would have given consideration to these and removing the factory sliders (and selling those) https://www.extremeterrain.com/barr...nhanced-rubi-rails-textured-black-jg2564.html
Same as you, for my wife and my children. Not for me.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Jeep Gladiator Barricade Rock Sliders 33591AED-C268-4936-B552-BA72C1E2E6BB

I have the Enhanced rubi rails. Love them. Look good. Don’t hang down. And seem very beefy. Have used them as “sliders” yet but they seem like they would take a nice hit. I got them for $299 as well. I received the extreme terrain catalog and they were cheaper in the mag then online so I called in and they honored the price. PM me if you order them and don’t have the mag. I’ll give you what you need to know when you call.
You still have the mag? Is there a cheaper price on the Barricade rock sliders that work with the Rubi rails?