First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
The ones I ordered on 3/02 from Quadratec are supposed to show up tomorrow. I never received shipping notification from Quadratec, till after I received it from the shipping company. I had contacted Quadratec on 4/26, at 7-8 weeks into the order, but hadn't heard back from them until 5/13. At that time they reclached out to Rockhard any found out the order was already in shipping.

Seems like they are starting to get caught up in responding to people. From their email. "I sincerely apologize for the delay in getting to your email. We are in Jeep season and our wait times unfortunately get a little longer. Email will be the slowest response in getting an answer. Again I apologize the for the wait. We are also very behind and everything is a little delayed due to the upgrades/updates we are doing to out system. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time."
Sponsored

JohnQ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MOJAVE, 2018 GC Trailhawk, 1989 Jeep Comanche
I would suggest reaching out to Quadratec after a week or two if they haven't given any order updates.

I asked for an ETA and they contacted Rock Hard who were able to get back to me with an accurate arrival time.
My Quadratec accounts shows them in 3rd party shipping, so maybe they're shipping soon?

bemarsh

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Gladiator Mojave
We just got our down sliders, order placed 3/8. Got front and rear bumper a week before, definitely seem to be catching up. Thank you Rock Hard!

1.JPG

2.JPG

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
My Quadratec accounts shows them in 3rd party shipping, so maybe they're shipping soon?
Yes, mine were shipped truckload via Estes. They emailed the tracking # once it was in progress.

brk771

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon
I ordered on 3/7 through Quadratec and I'm still waiting, although I did receive a notice from Estes that they should be delivered this week.

Sponsored

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Arborist
Mine showed up today via Estes, 2 hours before the appointment window (that they never called me to set up. They dropped it off without any signature and never knocked etc. Didn't even know it was ther till hours later.

20220517_161435.jpg

KW80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd, 2021 JT Sport S Diesel
Mine showed up today via Estes, 2 hours before the appointment window (that they never called me to set up. They dropped it off without any signature and never knocked etc. Didn't even know it was ther till hours later.

Jeep Gladiator Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders 20220517_161435
Nice Blue Heeler!
Great dogs, mine is below.
Jeep Gladiator Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders 5614078A-4464-44A3-AAE1-BA7CB597CFAE

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Arborist
Rockhard aluminum mid-width front bumper on, and driver's side angle up slider on. No issues yet.

20220518_181615.jpg
20220518_181658.jpg
20220518_181719.jpg

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
Got mine installed today and they are well worth the $700. The fit and finish is excellent and the heft of these is undeniable. 3/16 and 1/4" steel mounting brackets with 3 body mount bolts, 4 tub bolts, 8 pinch weld bolts per side. These things are going no where. Removing the factory body mount bolts was easier than I figured it would be with horror stories of broken bolts. I used a 1/2" breaker bar with slow and steady pressure and had no problems other than the occasional loud SQUEEK from metal on metal as the factory bolt loosened. All came out pretty easy. The manufacturer install video on youtube is spot on. I watched it several times before I did the install and it went just as shown and expected. I did have to use a step drill on several of the pinch weld holes to get them to align. I touched up the raw metal with Rustoleum primer enamel to prevent ant corrosion down the road. The primer isnt visible once the rail is installed. Glad I changed my mind and went with the angled version. They work perfectly as a nice step into and out of the jeep. The wife even heartily approved.

My only question was why the kit came with 2 additional body mount bolts and washers? The JT has 3 per side, same as the JLU yet the packing list shows a total of 8 bolts and washers included. Weird. Sometimes a vendor will throw in a extra nut or screw in case one gets lost but these bolts are like 4" long and 1/2" diameter. You would be hard pressed to lose one. <shrug>.

Pics to follow

Jeep Gladiator Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders 20220518_181719

so these are not frame mounted???

OP
OP
FLUndertaker

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
so these are not frame mounted???
Yes the bolt to both the body and the frame. The primary attachment is via the huge bolts that Mount the body to the frame. There are also numerous bolts that attach to the pinch weld along the bottom of the tub. There’s zero risk of tweaking the tub by jacking or strapping on the sliders.

Sponsored

john#21

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM Hydro Blue
Mine are scheduled for delivery in June.

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
Thanks
Yes the bolt to both the body and the frame. The primary attachment is via the huge bolts that Mount the body to the frame. There are also numerous bolts that attach to the pinch weld along the bottom of the tub. There’s zero risk of tweaking the tub by jacking or strapping on the sliders.
I’m getting them thanks!

JohnQ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MOJAVE, 2018 GC Trailhawk, 1989 Jeep Comanche
I ordered my sliders back on March 12 and was told 8-9 weeks for delivery. After waiting forever without any status update except for Quadratec's website showing my order in 3rd party shipping for the last month. I reached out to customer service and after 3 days they tell me they are now on back order and won't be available until the end of August! Quadratec has lost my business forever. Good luck to anyone ordering through them. Now I need to try and get my money back.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I ordered my sliders back on March 12 and was told 8-9 weeks for delivery. After waiting forever without any status update except for Quadratec's website showing my order in 3rd party shipping for the last month. I reached out to customer service and after 3 days they tell me they are now on back order and won't be available until the end of August! Quadratec has lost my business forever. Good luck to anyone ordering through them. Now I need to try and get my money back.
That sounds like a Quadratec fuckup and wouldn't be the first... haven't shopped with them in a while now because they did the same thing to me on some lights. Their system didn't order them and didn't find out until I checked in 8 weeks after ordering. Cancelled and re-ordered through Northridge and had them 3 weeks later.

GladLad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
I don't really need substantial rock sliders, but I figured the fiance would need a step. So I preemptively looked into functional slider/step options, and the Rock Hard 4x4 tube down were my top choice. Shortly after getting the Gladiator, it proved true, the fiance needed a step. So I bought them at Greater Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion for $900 (show special was no tax, no shipping). Delivered to a FedEx facility, since standard residential delivery isn't possible (needs forklift).

I installed them a couple weeks ago with my cousin. It could be done as a one man job, but it's definitely easier with help, at least to put them in place. I did end up needing a step drill to open up some of the pinch seem holes. Tried the first side without, but it got stuck in a couple tight spots. Ended up drilling them all for ease, and gave them a shot of Surface Shield (fluid film) to prevent corrosion.

The rest is just loosening and tightening bolts. A breaker bar or good sized ratchet is needed for the body bolts as there's loctite from the factory. After I was done I saw Wrangler forum posts recommending you heat the bolts up first, as some ended up with sheered bolts.

Luckily, I didn't have that problem, but it didn't sound pretty while breaking and loosening some. Even after a number of turns, they'd still creak/stick like it was a fresh break. I used the RH supplied hardware, as there was some wear on the factory ones just from taking them out.

The factory bolts have a pointed tip, so would be easier to reuse to get back into the clips. Or, you can pull the clip out as I did on one, but that's only because it broke when pulling the bolt out a second time (after I decided to go with the RH supplied hardware, after already re-inserting the factory bolt). I did not use any loctite on install.

The instructions can be ignored, as it's much better to just watch the video. The hardware-included list incorrectly indicates two extra bolts and washers. But they're not in the kit, and they're not needed.

Pros:
They're built like a tank, with .120 wall steel tubing, and the brackets are 1/4" and 3/8" steel.

Heavy duty, but not as weight heavy as I thought they'd be when first opening the box. Each slider is 56 lbs, plus several more in bolts and heavy duty washers. With the stock rubi rails being 32 lbs each, it's really only a gain of 50+ lbs.

I like the look; adds some visual and actual toughness.

Works as a step, but still a functional slider I don't see any rocks winning a fight against, besides battle scars. I'll add some skateboard tape to improve grip in rain.

Might also stop some parking lot door dings.

Cons:
I wish they were matte black like the factory rubi rails, as I prefer that over glossy.

Kudos to RH as they have a bend in them toward the back, just like the Gladiator does, so they follow that curve properly. However, I think it needs a bend upward too, as it looks like more pinch seam shows in the rear. Hardly noticeable at a glance, but they don't follow the lines as smoothly as rubi rails (see low side profile pic). I thought it might have been the drilled out holes, but there really was no wiggle room and lifting it as much as possible did not hide anymore seam.

The top of the square tube portion collects drips from the Jeep, so it dirties fast. I don't mind a dirty jeep as I've only washed it once in 3 months, just really stood out after a dirty rain. If you wash your Jeep more often, maybe you have less dirt to drip on them.

Jeep Gladiator Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders 20230916_160815

Jeep Gladiator Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders 20230916_165619

Jeep Gladiator Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders 20230916_165644

Jeep Gladiator Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders 20230916_165722

Jeep Gladiator Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders 20230923_114059

Jeep Gladiator Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders 20230923_115706
Jeep Gladiator Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders 20231007_172601
Sponsored

Last edited: