Sponsored

Rock hard 4x4 rock rails installed

dstrout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator, Hyundai Kona, Subaru BRZ
Just did mine today - same experience as above. Take it slow to get the body bolts out, plan on taking a step drill to the holes, and relax. All will be good.
Sponsored

pacificoflyr

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Just did mine today - same experience as above. Take it slow to get the body bolts out, plan on taking a step drill to the holes, and relax. All will be good.
Awesome thanks. Mine come I believe tomorrow. Were all the bolts difficult or just the front ones as previously stated?

thanks!

dstrout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator, Hyundai Kona, Subaru BRZ
Awesome thanks. Mine come I believe tomorrow. Were all the bolts difficult or just the front ones as previously stated?

thanks!
front ones are stiff all the way in and out. Middle and back are hard initially but get easier. One handy tip - if something is really stiff, don’t just yank the then give up. Put as much pressure on it as you can and just hold the pressure. It may start moving after a few seconds of steady pressure.

i didn’t have decent long nose pliers to pull out the retaining clips, so I had to reuse the original bolts. You will have to apply some upwards force to get them started. I would have liked to use the supplied bolts, but not the end of the world.

good luck!

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
On mine, rear bolts were pretty easy, middle ones hard, front very hard. I used different bolts without disturbing the retaining clips.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Demo_slug

Demo_slug

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2020
Vehicle Showcase
When I started this thread, I was so happy I forgot to complain about the install.
1. The first most hole in the pinch seam needed to be enlarged. Wish I had a step bit, I used a rat tail file
2. I used hand tools to get the bolts out, most of them didn’t want to come.
3. The rock hard install video really helped. In regards to knowing when to yank the bolts out.

It’s been I few months and I’m still super happy.

pacificoflyr

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
When I started this thread, I was so happy I forgot to complain about the install.
1. The first most hole in the pinch seam needed to be enlarged. Wish I had a step bit, I used a rat tail file
2. I used hand tools to get the bolts out, most of them didn’t want to come.
3. The rock hard install video really helped. In regards to knowing when to yank the bolts out.

It’s been I few months and I’m still super happy.
Thanks! Fedex Freight has them ready for pickup, I'll be installing this weekend I hope!

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
I guess if I was to have any complaint of them at all, it would be that I can see the tops of the rectangular brackets between the rail and the pinch weld. Guess I'll just need a bigger lift lol

pacificoflyr

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Install went fairly smoothly. Didn't use any heat, just went very slow with a 1/2" breaker bar. The real pain was those damn clips to get the bolts out, then a pain to get them back in. Took awhile, but it worked. Did have to drill out a couple of the holes on the pinch weld. Front and rears were to toughest, middle not bad. Great fast service from Rock Hard 4x4 to the middle of the Pacific Ocean, great packing and care as well. I am stoked, I like them a lot! Highly recommend.

Question, anyone find a torque spec of the body bolts?

IMG_2564.JPG

IMG_2566.JPG

IMG_2567.JPG

IMG_2568.JPG

IMG_2571.JPG

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Torque spec will depend a lot on whether you grease the bolts, use the factory loctite, etc. If the bolts are undamaged and still grade 10.9, you can probably go somewhere around 60-70 ft-lb, maybe more. I used grade 12.9 allen head bolts with high pressure grease and went a little more than that.

Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Anyone have the angle down version? My wife is insisting on a step to help her get in. Most nerf type bars with a step are not at all durable. I’m thinking these may get me real sliders and her a step so we can both be happy. The angled up I don’t think will provide much step, if she could reach the angled up bar I would think she could just get into the Jeep without a step, right?

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
One post on this or another similar thread said the angled down put the step--top of the tube--around 7 inches down. My angled up puts it 4" below the bottom of the door.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
One post on this or another similar thread said the angled down put the step--top of the tube--around 7 inches down. My angled up puts it 4" below the bottom of the door.
This is correct for the most part. It's like 7 or 8 inches.

Anyone have the angle down version? My wife is insisting on a step to help her get in. Most nerf type bars with a step are not at all durable. I’m thinking these may get me real sliders and her a step so we can both be happy. The angled up I don’t think will provide much step, if she could reach the angled up bar I would think she could just get into the Jeep without a step, right?
I have the angled down. Unless you need maximum clearance for rock crawling, the angled down are a good option. Really helped my wife get in, although she requested some grip tape because it is a relatively smooth surface and she was nervous stepping on it. Highly recommend these.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Will these interfere with installation of aftermarket fender flares such as metal cloak?