First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
I’m leaning towards these but does anyone have the link to the similar rails that had the removable steps? I can’t find it and I would like to compare the two.
I feel like the steps would come down further than the angled down RockHard and be better for the wife and granddaughter.
I don’t mind taking a few minutes to remove the steps on the trips in the rougher terrain.
Thanks
Sponsored

JohnQ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MOJAVE, 2018 GC Trailhawk, 1989 Jeep Comanche
Ordered mine last Saturday. I went with the angled up version.

MojavePierce

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 21 Toyota Camry N-shade
Occupation
Recreation Facilities Manager
Got mine installed today and they are well worth the $700. The fit and finish is excellent and the heft of these is undeniable. 3/16 and 1/4" steel mounting brackets with 3 body mount bolts, 4 tub bolts, 8 pinch weld bolts per side. These things are going no where. Removing the factory body mount bolts was easier than I figured it would be with horror stories of broken bolts. I used a 1/2" breaker bar with slow and steady pressure and had no problems other than the occasional loud SQUEEK from metal on metal as the factory bolt loosened. All came out pretty easy. The manufacturer install video on youtube is spot on. I watched it several times before I did the install and it went just as shown and expected. I did have to use a step drill on several of the pinch weld holes to get them to align. I touched up the raw metal with Rustoleum primer enamel to prevent ant corrosion down the road. The primer isnt visible once the rail is installed. Glad I changed my mind and went with the angled version. They work perfectly as a nice step into and out of the jeep. The wife even heartily approved.

My only question was why the kit came with 2 additional body mount bolts and washers? The JT has 3 per side, same as the JLU yet the packing list shows a total of 8 bolts and washers included. Weird. Sometimes a vendor will throw in a extra nut or screw in case one gets lost but these bolts are like 4" long and 1/2" diameter. You would be hard pressed to lose one. <shrug>.

Pics to follow

C331A294-6381-4D8E-9355-503F39D39E65.jpeg

0C1500B2-C739-4930-A0BB-69E45A69ED2A.jpeg

88FB6290-CF50-4F96-87C0-8F4E238667C0.jpeg

C06847A5-B92E-4E46-B15C-A4B565D4E1B9.jpeg

0E8C3316-F932-4A41-B185-0471863726A2.jpeg
I am stressed about putting mine on with all the broken bolt horror stories. I have the angled up version.

OP
OP
FLUndertaker

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I am stressed about putting mine on with all the broken bolt horror stories. I have the angled up version.
Go slow with a long breaker bar. Loosen a quarter turn then retighten, loosen a half turn then retighten a quarter turn, loosen 3/4 turn then retighten a half turn. The bolt will skreech and squeel, keep going slowly back and forth. The goal is to slowly clean out the thread locker from the threads. I didn’t use any heat but others have said some heat on the bolt heads to warm up the bolt helps as well. Take it slow and easy and it’s no problem. Even if it seems to be loosening up, keep the same process loosen and tighten and you will be fine. You got this!

Sponsored

KW80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd, 2021 JT Sport S Diesel
Go slow with a long breaker bar. Loosen a quarter turn then retighten, loosen a half turn then retighten a quarter turn, loosen 3/4 turn then retighten a half turn. The bolt will skreech and squeel, keep going slowly back and forth. The goal is to slowly clean out the thread locker from the threads. I didn’t use any heat but others have said some heat on the bolt heads to warm up the bolt helps as well. Take it slow and easy and it’s no problem. Even if it seems to be loosening up, keep the same process loosen and tighten and you will be fine. You got this!
My experience exactly. Don’t rush to power straight through removing the bolts. They are going to make some disconcerting creaking noises but if you take your time and use the method described above, IMO the risk of snapping them is minimal. Also, having an extra set of hands/eyes when mounting the rails is very helpful, they are pretty heavy and awkward to hold while trying to line everything up. Good luck!

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
My experience exactly. Don’t rush to power straight through removing the bolts. They are going to make some disconcerting creaking noises but if you take your time and use the method described above, IMO the risk of snapping them is minimal. Also, having an extra set of hands/eyes when mounting the rails is very helpful, they are pretty heavy and awkward to hold while trying to line everything up. Good luck!
What these guys said, plus a little heat helps. When I did mine I held a heat gun on the highest setting to the bolts for 3 minuites because it was all that I had, and did small 3/4 turns, then backed off.

I was able to get them installed in about 3 hours, I went very slow, plus I had to remove the existing steps that came with my truck. I didn't have anyone to help me lift them in place, so I used a jack with a wood block on one end to assist in the lift and hold in place until I could get the bolts on the pinch seam seated.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I’m leaning towards these but does anyone have the link to the similar rails that had the removable steps? I can’t find it and I would like to compare the two.
I feel like the steps would come down further than the angled down RockHard and be better for the wife and granddaughter.
I don’t mind taking a few minutes to remove the steps on the trips in the rougher terrain.
Thanks
Can't remember for sure but thought that was Poison Spyder... quick google search shows some add on steps available for their usual angled up sliders.

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Thanks
the Metalcloak flip steps are the only ones that come to my mind.

https://metalcloak.com/jt-gladiator-replacement-overland-rocker-flip-step-kit.html

Sunnysideup

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pumpkin Gladiator/ 2007 Steel Blue JKU
Occupation
Pastor
Congratulations, how was the install?
Really the drivers side was uneventful... the passenger side needed to have the holes all widened on the pinch seam... the body bolts did not give me too much grief... just go slow, when they start to seize back them up a turn and go forward again. Took about 3 hours with removing the old ones.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
They came in!
Very well built!
You will really like/ love them especially when someone slams a door or something into the side and it hits the rail.... Priceless. Heavy as heck though I put a set on my LJ from RockHard, the first place I started looking for my JT.

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Ordered mine Feburary 26 through Quadratec. Just checked and they said to expect the sliders shipped by the third week of MAY :crying:

If anyone is even thinking of getting these I would order asap.

bemarsh

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Gladiator Mojave
Wow, we are week behind you. We just put in another order for the rear bumper, assume that will be June.
Ordered mine Feburary 26 through Quadratec. Just checked and they said to expect the sliders shipped by the third week of MAY :crying:

If anyone is even thinking of getting these I would order asap.
Sponsored