Daury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Pharmaceutical
Hey all,

recently I had installed the led headlights on my 2020 non led jeep gladiator. Everything was fine when disconnecting the power and routing the mopar cable for the 4th wire on each headlight. Long story short, disconnected all the BCM connectors, plugged the wire into connector as required by instructions.

Proceeded to connect everything back and jeep is dead. Doesn’t start, beeper doesn’t work. Battery is charged, led lights work if turned on in the overhead console. Had to tow in the jeep to the dealership but it seems that they have not been able to properly come up with solutions so i’m assuming they are having issues diagnosing what the root cause may be.

Any ideas or similar situations you have come across?

09FD5B57-E9D3-4432-8828-F4F6977BC936.jpeg
Sponsored

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Yes, this happens all the time when people disconnect BCM connectors, and EVERY SINGLE TIME it is because one of the lever latches on the connectors did not grab the BCM port and pull itself in to being fully seated. They’ll swear up and down that they are, but after checking again 2 or 3 times, they do end up discovering one or more are unseated.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Yes, this happens all the time when people disconnect BCM connectors, and EVERY SINGLE TIME it is because one of the lever latches on the connectors did not grab the BCM port and pull itself in to being fully seated. They’ll swear up and down that they are, but after checking again 2 or 3 times, they do end up discovering one or more are unseated.
Concur!

Ran into the same issue doing this on my 2020 JT. The BCM under the dash is a fiddly spot to be under and when taking off the BCM connectors, you have to contort a bit under there and when reinstalling them, the connectors may not seat fully. Like you said, you will swear they are fully seated but one or more of them will not be.

OP
OP

Mr.timetravel

First Name
Daury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Pharmaceutical
It seems that we are all aligned here, I was done contorting and let the dealership have at it but they have not been successful yet on whats going on, will reach out to them and let them know. Does anybody know if they sell the little lock for each connector? i’m hoping they were not damaged but it looks like the little lock is replaceable on each connector and would think that might be a potential issue there as well.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
It seems that we are all aligned here, I was done contorting and let the dealership have at it but they have not been successful yet on whats going on, will reach out to them and let them know. Does anybody know if they sell the little lock for each connector? i’m hoping they were not damaged but it looks like the little lock is replaceable on each connector and would think that might be a potential issue there as well.
Locks are not sold separate fron the connector.

Link below will get you the full connector part number. Some can get a bit pricey.

http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mr.timetravel

First Name
Daury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Pharmaceutical
Another member in a different jeep forum i believe have sorted this portion out. Connectors C5/E and C6/F. Use this https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Aptiv-formerly-Delphi/13673751?qs=Eo25gu0GLVEgFfo9IZNcnQ==&countryCode=US&currencyCode=USD

As for connectors C1/A, C4/D and C7/G. It uses this connector.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Aptiv-formerly-Delphi/13687849?qs=VhRTNbqBsN0ChAJ9x5c65w==&countryCode=US&currencyCode=USD

Pretty sure MOPAR buys bulks of connectors from this company and just re-label their stuff. Pretty common practice. Hope it helps for any body out there trying to save a dime. You can re- built the connector or probably and hoping you can take the locks from these connectors and transplant to old connectors.

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Another member in a different jeep forum i believe have sorted this portion out. Connectors C5/E and C6/F. Use this https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Aptiv-formerly-Delphi/13673751?qs=Eo25gu0GLVEgFfo9IZNcnQ==&countryCode=US&currencyCode=USD

As for connectors C1/A, C4/D and C7/G. It uses this connector.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Aptiv-formerly-Delphi/13687849?qs=VhRTNbqBsN0ChAJ9x5c65w==&countryCode=US&currencyCode=USD

Pretty sure MOPAR buys bulks of connectors from this company and just re-label their stuff. Pretty common practice. Hope it helps for any body out there trying to save a dime. You can re- built the connector or probably and hoping you can take the locks from these connectors and transplant to old connectors.
All 5 of the connector hoods with levers are different part numbers, and all are Aptiv:
C1- 13850155
C4- 13850156
C5- 13850164
C6- 13850165
C7- 13687849