Sponsored

Bed Cover Preference: Roll Up or Flip Up, and Why?

Little_Feller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Overland
Budget and aesthetics will probably make your decision easier. Do you want it to sit flush? Do you have >$1000 to spend? There are a lot of options here.

I got the gator hard tri-fold, and it takes only a min or so to take it off (4 plastic knobs on mine). I know they sell ones that stick up but it wasn't worth spending the extra money when it would only save me a minute or so in the long run and most of the time I don't need to take it off anyway.

I think soft covers are fine, but I like the aesthetics of the hard cover sitting flush. The rolling hard covers look cool but are too $$ for me to justify. The hard tri-fold hit the sweet spot for me.
Response above. Forgot to quote
That's definitely a bummer, that's the first bad experience I've read concerning the Diamondback. It's tough because you'll read lots of good comments on a particular cover on the forum, and then you'll run across some bad experiences, and it's back to square one.
Sponsored

Mister Lamb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
Power Plant Operator
This Rough Country low-profile tri-fold is what I'm using. I live in Queens and don't have faith my fellow New Yorkers won't put a knife through my non-locking soft cover. If I didn't live somewhere so populated I would use an alternative that allows for full use of the bed (roll-up). My Ozark Trail cooler just fits but is not very big. Looking back I'd also like a cover that can handle some weight to affix for extra storage.

This thing is leak proof and handles power washes so overall happy with it.

Last edited:

OngsterA

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge Rubicon
Occupation
Software Security
Guys, help me out here, which of the above will fit without gaps over the bed WITH my Fishbone half rack in place? This is my permanent setup, RTT on top is used often. I don't want anything rolling up stuffed against the back window. Total security is not as important as I don't usually carry anything back there except for packing and recovery gear when needed. Main purpose is to keep the elements out. Thanks!

Jeep Gladiator Bed Cover Preference: Roll Up or Flip Up, and Why? 1652921108380

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
I have put a soft roll up on all my trucks, starting with custom snap types back in the 80's.
They have all been inexpensive, with the Odero/Colorado one I have on my JT being only $115

I like to take my motorcycles places and still have the cover to use once I am there.
I also like to be able to see out the back and have use of the whole bed.
Jeep Gladiator Bed Cover Preference: Roll Up or Flip Up, and Why? 20211030_103240

Was really pleased that my truck tent also fits right over the rolled up cover too.
I have yet to have to take it off for anything.
Jeep Gladiator Bed Cover Preference: Roll Up or Flip Up, and Why? 20220115_110028

Sponsored

Karmageddon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JT Rubicon
Occupation
Cyber Security
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed my BAK Revolver X4 I so far it is a great cover. Installation was simple, it is very secure and water intrusion is minimal. The primary reason I chose this cover was for the t-slots on the rails so I could mount my bed rack. The combination of cover and rack made for a very clean installation. I use my JT primarily for camping, light off-roading and the occasional road trip. I wanted a cover that would protect my gear from the elements and casual thieves.

OngsterA

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge Rubicon
Occupation
Software Security
I just installed my BAK Revolver X4 I so far it is a great cover. Installation was simple, it is very secure and water intrusion is minimal. The primary reason I chose this cover was for the t-slots on the rails so I could mount my bed rack. The combination of cover and rack made for a very clean installation. I use my JT primarily for camping, light off-roading and the occasional road trip. I wanted a cover that would protect my gear from the elements and casual thieves.
How about pics of your set up? I too want a cover that fits under my bed rack, that needs to fit inside the Jeep's bed sides, not on top of, if possible.

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve said it over and over. In my opinion there’s not a better cover than Diamondback if you’re looking for security and weather resistant. Besides they look bad ass. So if you can afford the pricing I say go for it. Buy one cry once. I opted for the HD and didn’t want to settle for the SE although most could suffice with the SE.

Only thing is most (and I say most, cause there are a few that do), bed racks don’t work with them or at least limit it’s opening range. But based off my set up and plans Im not going that direction anyways. The chassis unlimited racks in my opinion work the best with them if I ever do get a rack.

In the meantime I love my bed set up and cover. One of the best mods on my JT and the first thing I knew I would get even before I got my JT.

Jeep Gladiator Bed Cover Preference: Roll Up or Flip Up, and Why? C7C5491A-821A-45FB-86E4-207CB3400084

Jeep Gladiator Bed Cover Preference: Roll Up or Flip Up, and Why? B329FBA4-26A9-44F8-B90E-8BE273100CDA

Jeep Gladiator Bed Cover Preference: Roll Up or Flip Up, and Why? 4FBCEA69-8C52-4014-AAE3-57B5DFE032BA

Jeep Gladiator Bed Cover Preference: Roll Up or Flip Up, and Why? E8211F26-09D0-4078-A390-DC95D000A1FC

Jeep Gladiator Bed Cover Preference: Roll Up or Flip Up, and Why? DAD53DC9-4F9E-4A14-B8DC-006DD3A310A2

Sponsored

OngsterA

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge Rubicon
Occupation
Software Security
@Karmageddon how does that mount under the rack? Pics thx.

@Sarge502 thanks for that info, but I need one to fit under my very useful bedrack, even if have to slightly modify it.

Karmageddon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cyber Security
Vehicle Showcase

Karmageddon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cyber Security
Vehicle Showcase
@Karmageddon how does that mount under the rack? Pics thx.

@Sarge502 thanks for that info, but I need one to fit under my very useful bedrack, even if have to slightly modify it.
BAK Revolver uses a combination of clamps and screws/nutserts inserted into existing holes in the bed. No drilling required, just some minor trimming of the bed liner and plastic bed rail covers. The bed cover installs first and then the bed rack attaches to the bed cover rails via the t-channels. It's super easy to install.

Here is a link to a good installation video for the bed cover:
https://www.google.com/search?q=bak...nt=gws-wiz#kpvalbx=_AcOOYquTH-uKytMPyvm4qA023
Sponsored