Sponsored

Bed length for the JT Wrangler pickup?

AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
So the spy photos and JLWF renderings both show a pretty short bed for the JT wrangler pickup. Do we know if the production version will really be that short? For any real utility I'd like about a 6 foot bed but what we've seen definitely seems shorter than that.
Sponsored

DosEcoDiesels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman Ecodiesel, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
my current bed in my Ram has the 5'7" bed and is plenty big for me most of the time. That said i wish i would've went with the 6'4" bed for those times i need a little more room. I'm guessing the JT bed will be more narrow than the full size ram so a 6' bed would be nice. If jeep wants to keep departure angles better for offroad then im guessing this bed will be less than 6'

N.Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 TJ
my current bed in my Ram has the 5'7" bed and is plenty big for me most of the time. That said i wish i would've went with the 6'4" bed for those times i need a little more room. I'm guessing the JT bed will be more narrow than the full size ram so a 6' bed would be nice. If jeep wants to keep departure angles better for offroad then im guessing this bed will be less than 6'
What's the shortest bed currently on a Ram pickup? Cuz the Wrangler pickup prototype supposedly had a Ram bed attached and that might give us the best idea of how long a bed they plan to give it.

DosEcoDiesels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman Ecodiesel, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
5'7" is the shortest bed available for the ram

F1Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ
Yea agreed any Wrangler pickup will have to be a highly capable off roader. I am expecting basically a JL with a flat bed and such will not be as "hardcore" as a Ram 1500 so as to not cannibalize FCA sales.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
attachment.jpg

^Thats the AEV Brute bed dimension rendering. My guess is the JLT will have something very similar in size. (65.2" x 58.9")

For Comparison the Tacoma is:

60.5" x 55" for the short bed on the double cab and
73.7" x 55" for the long bed on the double cab.

kltk1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAM 1500
Sorry if the answer to this question is available elsewhere. Has anyone been able to confirm what the bed length will be on the JT Gladiator?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
No confirmation .... but it will be in line with the other midsize beds.

Gambrinus

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Land Rover Dormobile 200tdi
Isn't the AEV Brute on a "regular" length JK frame? We know that the Gladiator will be using a longer frame... Longer frame = Longer bed??

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored