Sponsored

Bed rack. Does anyone make something like this?

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
So. Im not sure I want a shell, and i know of the softtopper, BUT is there anyone who makes one of the nice heavy duty racks that has the option to attach a cover on the outsides of it so it kind of turns it into like a softtopper looking shell when needed?
What about something like this, that will also work with a tonneau cover??

Ive searched but not turned up anything.
Sponsored

Cruizer8

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Freedom Edition, 1983 Postal Jeep
I don't know of anything like that but I wanted something similar I think. I wanted something that could be used as a rack, something that could be used as a topper, something that could be used as a tonneau, etc. The solution I came up with was the Fas-top travel package and a set of Trukd bed rails. I got the short rails but they also have taller ones.

Here are some pictures of my setup, first set is before I got the rails/rack

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know of anything like that but I wanted something similar I think. I wanted something that could be used as a rack, something that could be used as a topper, something that could be used as a tonneau, etc. The solution I came up with was the Fas-top travel package and a set of Trukd bed rails. I got the short rails but they also have taller ones.

Interesting setup. Do you have any pics of the inside with the highest top on? How does that work cause I only see those short rails in your pics.

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

1JeepFamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Jeep Gladiator Mojave
@Maximus-3 overland bed rack is meant to be used with a canvas cover. A lot of people are calling them, clamoring for the cover to get released, but it's still in R&D.

I'd DM them or call them to see where they're at with it.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys

Cruizer8, do you have a link to the 6" bedrail? That would be perfect for adding a 60" canopy.

Cruizer8

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting setup. Do you have any pics of the inside with the highest top on? How does that work cause I only see those short rails in your pics.
Here is the Trukd site - https://gettrukd.com/, there are some pictures there that might help. Right now I only have the short rails (6"). They also have a taller (12") rail set, so that would give an extra 6". The guys at Trukd are supposed to be working on a vertical extension as well, but weren't able to give me a timeline. I figured I could make my own so I am working on building an extension using extruded aluminum that will arch over the topper so I can put a roof top tent on it this summer.

Cruizer8

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reactions: JT1