Bed slide vs Decked?

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
Anyone else considering these two options? I am a little torn because I have a few things (like a cooler) that wouldn't fit inside the Decked drawers. Occasionally tying things on top should be no issue for the Decked system but I would need to do that every time I camp with a cooler. With the Bed Slide I think it may be handy to have the whole bed to use for non-off-road needs (also occasional). But it is also not as handy to have to secure all of my containers for off-road runs. I have a tonneau, which will work with either of these options...except the Decked with a cooler on top. Need thoughts and ideas bounced around to help me consider the best option. I know some of you must have ideas I haven't thought about yet. :)
Sponsored

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
As a weight weenie and cheapskate I bought 4 military surplus rotomolded containers. They are tuff water/air tight, but yeah they are lashed down and unlashed continually. I'll stack 2 on the ground for a small table. The ones I have are exceptional quality that I couldn't (wouldn't) purchase new. Strapping crap down again and again might not be appealing but it's more modular and you can lose some weight fast if necessary. Man, I looked at the Decked, but at 200 lbs. empty, I can't give up that much payload for drawers.