Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Well glad your post made me think about it, because upon inspection, I am in the same boat as the OP. Luckily, no rust on the exposed metal yet, question is if they will do anything about it a few months out.
I'd go try and see. I touched the some spots on mine with the Dupont bedliner, not the cheaper can but the $15 can from advance. It matched mine perfectly, same shine. You can't even tell where I sprayed it. You may want to go that route if they don't do anything about it.
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I'd go try and see. I touched the some spots on mine with the Dupont bedliner, not the cheaper can but the $15 can from advance. It matched mine perfectly, same shine. You can't even tell where I sprayed it. You may want to go that route if they don't do anything about it.
Sorry I was wrong it was not the Dupont it's the herculiner spray can from advance. Matches perfectly.

Jeep Gladiator Bedliner fail IMG_20200505_190344

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Sorry I was wrong it was not the Dupont it's the herculiner spray can from advance. Matches perfectly.

Thanks, so upon further inspection, there IS surface rust on the exposed areas they left... so I'm guessing just spraying over it will cause it to rust underneath. Do I need to treat this, or should I be able to just scuff the rust off and then spray?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, so upon further inspection, there IS surface rust on the exposed areas they left... so I'm guessing just spraying over it will cause it to rust underneath. Do I need to treat this, or should I be able to just scuff the rust off and then spray?
You should be ok scuffing the rust off and then hitting it with the bedliner. Shouldn't be to much rust I wouldn't think. Just keep a distance with the can, about 12-14 inches and then spray in spirts. It should cover nicely. I noticed a few spots on my tailgate that they went to light on yesterday. I'll probably hit it on mine today.
Sponsored