First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
F-35 Weapons Instructor
So I installed A truck toolbox early this year and recently I started to notice the bed rail covers were starting to collapse. Today I decided to pull them and see what I could do to beef them up. The area I need to beef up is about 1-1/2” wide by 22” long and 3/16” deep. I can’t decide if filling the void with flat bar or some type of epoxy. Anyone have any suggestions on how I should proceed? If I do use flat bar I plan on glueing it to the top of the bed or into the plastic cover.
Jeep Gladiator Beefing up the top bed rails IMG_0225

Jeep Gladiator Beefing up the top bed rails IMG_0226
Sponsored

Y-Guy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I searched before and never found a aftermarket bed rail cover. Other discussions about the same issue you had came up, but without a aftermarket solution. With the thin material used for the bed, and a few small dents in mine from the previous owner I'd like something made from thick steel or ideally aluminum that is bent over the outside edge to protect it a bit more.

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
Just jumping on the bandwagon here - Id absolutely shell out some cash for some aluminum diamond plate bed rails covers, if I could find em!

OP
OP
ospreyfe55

ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
F-35 Weapons Instructor

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
@ospreyfe55 and @kgc these are some nice options, thanks for sharing these. Im working on my wishlist for next summers upgrades, and think I may have to add one of these.
Sponsored