First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, Hydro Blue, Max Tow
Occupation
Computer Geek
Spencer, my wife and I are looking to order a JT and have a couple of questions about ordering from you:
  • Are you still doing 5% below invoice with Tread Lightly FCA? You don't need that number until delivery, right? And $100 in total dealer fees?
  • How do out-of-state taxes work? Do you pay them and roll into the amount financed or are we responsible for paying them when we register the vehicle back home? It may affect our cost-benefit calculations if we can't include that in our amount financed.
  • We'd be road-tripping from central Wisconsin (~5.5 hours). I had heard that it's bad to drive a new vehicle for a prolonged period at the same speed, until it's broken in. Not sure if that's true or not, but wonder about the drive home.
  • I assume we can do the initial transaction via email or USPS. If we drove out for the vehicle delivery on a Friday evening, could we pick up the Jeep and do the paperwork on a Saturday morning?
Thanks!
Tom
Sponsored

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Spencer, my wife and I are looking to order a JT and have a couple of questions about ordering from you:
  • Are you still doing 5% below invoice with Tread Lightly FCA? You don't need that number until delivery, right? And $100 in total dealer fees?
  • How do out-of-state taxes work? Do you pay them and roll into the amount financed or are we responsible for paying them when we register the vehicle back home? It may affect our cost-benefit calculations if we can't include that in our amount financed.
  • We'd be road-tripping from central Wisconsin (~5.5 hours). I had heard that it's bad to drive a new vehicle for a prolonged period at the same speed, until it's broken in. Not sure if that's true or not, but wonder about the drive home.
  • I assume we can do the initial transaction via email or USPS. If we drove out for the vehicle delivery on a Friday evening, could we pick up the Jeep and do the paperwork on a Saturday morning?
Thanks!
Tom
For the road trip back, just vary your speed for break in, no cruise control helps. Ours was a 10 hour drive home, with a stop at Mount Rushmore/Crazy Horse. @spenchey is awesome for buying experience. Would definitely do it again if we need a new Jeep.

IMG_20190929_083559.jpg

IMG_20190929_080544.jpg

IMG_20190928_151419.jpg

OP
OP
spenchey

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want
Thanks!
Tom

Yes

We can handle it in the financed amount.

Like the previous reply vary the speed. But realize, 99.9999% of customers that drive off the lot every day never even think about this and don't have an issue.

Yes, we can handle most items via email or phone. We can have you in and out of here in a little as 10 minutes.... if you want us to

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Tom just like mightytall said, @spenchey was the absolute best dealer experience I have ever had!
i will only buy my vehicles from him for the rest of my life. The experience was that good. Well worth the flight and 11 hrs drive back home!

now as soon as the 4XE comes out for the gladiator I’ve got to get back up to see them

Tazbert

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computer Geek
Tom just like mightytall said, @spenchey was the absolute best dealer experience I have ever had!
i will only buy my vehicles from him for the rest of my life. The experience was that good. Well worth the flight and 11 hrs drive back home!

now as soon as the 4XE comes out for the gladiator I’ve got to get back up to see them
@camodog - Great endorsement. Where did you fly into and how did you get to the dealership?

Sponsored

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@camodog - Great endorsement. Where did you fly into and how did you get to the dealership?
Flew from Denver to Sioux Falls and Spenchey arranged a ride fir us to the dealership.

we arrived, the paperwork was all ready and we literally signed and drove away all in less than ten minutes.

fwiw they also had my lift and wheels and tires installed and all my factory parts loaded up in the bed for me!
The best! Hands down.
Jeep Gladiator Below Invoice Discussion @ Motor Inn of Spirit Lake 5C5548B0-28A1-4385-BDB5-743FD2CF62AF

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ps- I am not an easy person to please either. A bit of an old curmudgeon as my wife says.

Tazbert

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computer Geek
Yes

We can handle it in the financed amount.

Like the previous reply vary the speed. But realize, 99.9999% of customers that drive off the lot every day never even think about this and don't have an issue.

Yes, we can handle most items via email or phone. We can have you in and out of here in a little as 10 minutes.... if you want us to
Sounds awesome so far. How does the ride from Sioux Falls work? That might be a better option than a road trip out.

My local dealer said they could lock in the current $1,500 rebate, but I thought that only was applicable at vehicle delivery?

Thanks,
Tom

OP
OP
spenchey

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds awesome so far. How does the ride from Sioux Falls work? That might be a better option than a road trip out.

My local dealer said they could lock in the current $1,500 rebate, but I thought that only was applicable at vehicle delivery?

Thanks,
Tom

I'll have someone there to pick you up and take you to our store.

I can guarantee that the rebate won't be any smaller than $1,500. If its higher at the time of delivery you will get the higher of the two

Tazbert

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computer Geek
One more question @spenchey (ok, probably not just one more - I'm sure I'll think of others); thanks for all your replies! How much ahead would I be able to book a flight? By tracking it will I have a couple of weeks notice of when it'll hit the dealership? Does it often get delayed during the final week or two? Any idea what the order times have been lately?

Thanks again,
Tom

Sponsored

OP
OP
spenchey

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really don't know for certain when they will actually be arriving at the store, they let us know the day of.

If it has to sit here while you wait for a good flight time its not a big deal to us.

12 weeks is average

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
One more question @spenchey (ok, probably not just one more - I'm sure I'll think of others); thanks for all your replies! How much ahead would I be able to book a flight? By tracking it will I have a couple of weeks notice of when it'll hit the dealership? Does it often get delayed during the final week or two? Any idea what the order times have been lately?

Thanks again,
Tom
Flights into Sioux Falls were very cheap when we did it. I took a gamble and bought 2 sets of tickets for the weekends I had off, only because of transit time from rail yard to truck delivery vary, and spent $29 per person first weekend, $26 per person second weekend. Total, that's cheaper than a single ticket anywhere else. We did small carry on backpacks to avoid any extra charges. It's a beautiful ride from the airport to the dealership.

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you head south in early August from the dealership you can also break in the paint on your brand new truck by driving through swarms of monarch butterflies.

GaryG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP JT Rubicon Bright White, 2008 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Just to reiterate what others have said. This was the best dealer experience I've ever had. We drove up from Denver, was in and out in 30 minutes. Put my wife's car on a dolly and pulled it back to Denver. @spenc hy was on vacation when I went up so I'll have to buy from him in the future just to meet him.

Tazbert

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computer Geek
Flights into Sioux Falls were very cheap when we did it. I took a gamble and bought 2 sets of tickets for the weekends I had off, only because of transit time from rail yard to truck delivery vary, and spent $29 per person first weekend, $26 per person second weekend. Total, that's cheaper than a single ticket anywhere else. We did small carry on backpacks to avoid any extra charges. It's a beautiful ride from the airport to the dealership.
Nice. I'm seeing min $180 for me. $300+ last minute. Looks like we'll end up driving there. At least it's only 5-6 hours for us.

The crazy things is, we've got family going on two road trips right down I-90 through Iowa (to Colorado Springs). The first will probably be a month before delivery, and the second a month after. I guess I could just be patient and wait.... nah!
Sponsored