Not open for further replies.

ShikGluon

First Name
Zaza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Punk'n
They gave me an awful deal on my trade-in, and tried to push me to pay the MSRP up front. Hope you have a better experience with them.

Quick edit: I should in fairness add that everything else about buying from them was fine. Nice clean place, the salesperson I worked with was courteous and professional. They were quick to respond to inquiries and the process was otherwise painless aside from gouging me on the price.
That sucks!

So... I have placed my order!! They did honor the 5% below invoice, +1% below that for affiliate pricing. So my MSRP was $59,680 and final price was $52,716 + tax (6%), title, processing ($300).

Now.. They REALLY stiffed me on my trade in, but they had the advantage.. cause I am not sure I wanted to walk away. I have a 2015 fully decked out Renegade Trailhawk (I will miss you Xavier!!!) with only 37k miles on it, in great condition with a 2" lift kit, spacers, and really nice window tint. They told me they would need to bring it somewhere else to get the state inspection because of the lift kit and that they would need to remove the tint (bullshit if you ask me, but who knows). When I was doing all my math, I did it assuming the worst, which was them only giving me 14k. According to KBB, a very good condition would be 14,700-16,384, good condition would be 14,154-15,787. They offered me 13,300, with the Maryland tax credit that you get from that, which is $798, brings it to $14,098. Since I didn't know the tax credit was a thing, I never factored that into my budget, so it kinda works out. I only owe 11k on Xavier, so this gives me 3k to put towards my Gladiator (which I have already named, but I will reveal that once he has arrived). I think, had I been willing to walk away, I could have hassled them for more, but.. yeah... when a Gladiator is sooo close you can taste it.. who would be able to walk away?

So, with the 3k trade-in, 1k I had to put down to order the Gladiator. My final out the door cost is going to be: $52, 264

Overall, it was a great experience. The guy I worked with, Ash, was pretty patient as I pulled out my Gladiator worksheet and double-checked ALL THE THINGS. :D

Now.. I did a TON of research and calculations before going to try and figure out if I wanted to lease or buy (I can financially do both, no problem). Note to self.. don't use the Jeep calculator for figuring out the potential lease payment, it doesn't add the tax. Because of this, I thought I would have a lease payment of less than $500, when in reality, it is going to be around $600. The rubicon residual value keeps dropping, so now it's at 57% for 10k miles at 4 years. I can get a 2.99% loan from my credit union, with GAP and disability protection for $714 a month. So as before it made more sense to lease (when I thought it was gonna be under $500), now it makes more sense to buy.

I wanted to lease, cause my financial plan has me buying a house in 5 years. So I wanted a new Gladiator close to when I buy my house so that when I have a garage I can do some mods. Buying also gives me the option to keep this Gladiator longer, if I wanted to settle in before starting my dream build.
Sponsored

hlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubiconus Maximus
They gave me an awful deal on my trade-in, and tried to push me to pay the MSRP up front. Hope you have a better experience with them.

Quick edit: I should in fairness add that everything else about buying from them was fine. Nice clean place, the salesperson I worked with was courteous and professional. They were quick to respond to inquiries and the process was otherwise painless aside from gouging me on the price.
Not sure what happened there, but I did everything via email and mentioned the forum discount. I guess in person dealings aren’t as good

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney

That's odd. I had no issue getting 5% below invoice back in June when I ordered.

Sponsored

ShikGluon

First Name
Zaza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Punk'n
Status
Not open for further replies.