First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Engineer
Nice! I keep going back and forth between bright white and firecracker red and yours isn't making the decision any easier!

What was the cost for the flatbed/what shipping company did you use? I'm in Colorado and when I order in the next couple of months I'm debating on flying out and driving back or just having it shipped.
I used Montway. It was $1800 door to door to Tucson, AZ. The cost of flying, hotel, time off work and depreciation of the vehicle itself made sense to ship. Montway had a really slick setup to get your quote, documents, forms, etc online. Really nice website. But after the vehicle was picked up it was a total black box. Montway could only refer me to the driver's phone number. Ñeither of us could reach the driver. Then 48 hours later he showed up at my house with no notice. Just like a dude with a flatbed and my Gladiator. There was a language barrier so I had to get on the phone with his girlfriend and figure out how to Venmo the remaining balance to them. So that part was kinda weird. Fast though lol
Sponsored

Reactions: MrB

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I went through a broker like that - and got screwed over. The driver ended up not being DOT or insured, showed up to pick up the car without notice, had trouble loading it even though they were told it was a dead car, then they showed up here late at night, little notice, and had no way to unload the car. I had to pay for a wrecker to come and help. The idiot driver threw his mountain bike in the car and tore a door panel and nicked the dash. The company stopped taking my phone calls and emails went unanswered. I cut my losses and said never again. I will never go through a company that doesn't have their own employee-drivers and can tell me exactly who will be hauling and what sort of truck they have.

Montway could only refer me to the driver's phone number. Ñeither of us could reach the driver. Then 48 hours later he showed up at my house with no notice.
Yup - that sounds familiar - not for me, not after my experience. Sorry, that's just how I feel after being screwed by a very similar broker situation.

MrB

First Name
MrB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 JTM, '19 Audi Q5, '22 SQ5 (ordered)
Occupation
Make the internet go vroom
I used Montway. It was $1800 door to door to Tucson, AZ. The cost of flying, hotel, time off work and depreciation of the vehicle itself made sense to ship. Montway had a really slick setup to get your quote, documents, forms, etc online. Really nice website. But after the vehicle was picked up it was a total black box. Montway could only refer me to the driver's phone number. Ñeither of us could reach the driver. Then 48 hours later he showed up at my house with no notice. Just like a dude with a flatbed and my Gladiator. There was a language barrier so I had to get on the phone with his girlfriend and figure out how to Venmo the remaining balance to them. So that part was kinda weird. Fast though lol
Yeah, that'll be a "no" for me dawg lol thanks for sharing though. Apparently Gobi has been announced as a late arrival color for 2022 so that's my #1 color choice now, so fingers crossed "late arrival" means in the next month or two 😂😭

MrB

First Name
MrB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 JTM, '19 Audi Q5, '22 SQ5 (ordered)
Occupation
Make the internet go vroom
Denver Metro here. Fly out and drive back. Take the scenic route back and see the Badlands, Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse, and hold onto anything that isn't bolted down, as it's probably going to be windy on the way back.
I think that's what I'll end up doing. Short flight plus I'll have the opportunity to swing by and see a friend who lives near there and grab lunch or something on the way back.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Oddly, I think Spencer/Motor Inn is the only dealership that hasn't emailed me or called me leaving messages wanting to buy my truck. The Des Moines area dealers seem to want it really bad. Got another call yesterday and I've gotten 2 emails from them.
The problem is they lowball you on any trade and they stick to MSRP on anything new.

I wonder why Spencer hasn't called me trying to buy my truck? Maybe he doesn't like blue, HA.

With their desperation to get good used vehicles and the used vehicle prices being what they are - it's awfully tempting to see what these guys could sell me a new loaded Overland Gladiator in blue for........

Sponsored

OP
OP
spenchey

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want
Oddly, I think Spencer/Motor Inn is the only dealership that hasn't emailed me or called me leaving messages wanting to buy my truck. The Des Moines area dealers seem to want it really bad. Got another call yesterday and I've gotten 2 emails from them.
The problem is they lowball you on any trade and they stick to MSRP on anything new.

I wonder why Spencer hasn't called me trying to buy my truck? Maybe he doesn't like blue, HA.

With their desperation to get good used vehicles and the used vehicle prices being what they are - it's awfully tempting to see what these guys could sell me a new loaded Overland Gladiator in blue for........

LOL, I always know you are going to give me a good chuckle with your posts.

Market it pretty high...ALOT of risk out there for dealers in our opinion

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Colorado wheeling. Second time out this year on the local trails. First was Bunce School Road and Ironclads 2 weekends ago, and today Johnny Park Road and Pierce Park Road. Still waiting on Middle St Vrain trail to open up. Late snow end of May is probably the culprit. These trails are within an hour of Denver/Boulder and challenging in spots.

PXL_20220618_163823924.jpg

PXL_20220605_190107829.jpg

PXL_20220618_155550759.jpg

Sponsored

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
@spenchey Are you guys still offering the 5% below invoice with active Tread Lightly membership?

OP
OP
spenchey

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Slowly building my Jeep sales brochure one image at a time. Some of these points saw dusting of snow the other day.

IMG_20220819_221545.jpg