Sponsored

Best affordable front stubby bumper that wont rust?

Jeepy22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Whats the best affordable front stubby bumper that wont rust for my 2022 Gladiator.?
Sponsored

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
Whats the best affordable front stubby bumper that wont rust for my 2022 Gladiator.?
Too many choices out there. All depends on what you consider affordable. Aluminum isn’t going to rust, but usually costs more. The less expensive steel bumpers are usually thinner gauge. If you buy steel, coat the back off it with a a protective coating or something like rubberized under coating before you install it. Touch up the scratches when you get them and clean it after you get it dirty. Not much more you can do other then that. It will rust no matter how well you take car of it. It’s inevitably where I live.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Any steel bumper that has been powder coated will rust when it has been rock chipped. Best thing to do is when you get the bumper. Have it coated with a bed liner, like Rhino or line-X. Or DIY with something from a parts store. I had the bumpers on my Power Wagon Line-Xed. I have bare metal White Knuckle sliders coming. I will get them Line-Xed too.

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
What is your definition of affordable? That varies wildly person to person..

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
DV8 has some front bumpers i really like and am going to order for like high 500 and mid 600 range. Not sure about rust but i think their stubby front bumpers look bad ass.
Sponsored