Sponsored

Best and easiest way to get the Gladiator over 300hp?

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
^^^

Well Alpha is part of the FCA family....
AND
Has a Life-expectancy of like 3 minutes / 36000 inches.
:LOL:
Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Put in one of these
Ferrari-derived engine produces 505 horsepower and 443 lb-ft of torque and a spine-tingling timbre that shames most rivals.
Fiat owns FCA+ Ferrari+ ALFA Romeo+ Jeep = Ferrari powered Jeep!

2a3260963ed81d3f51f7bd08049016e1.jpg
I have an Alfa with this motor and it`s fantastic performance wise, reliable and the exhaust note is incredible. I would choose this over any Hemi motor. I mentioned this before if i would ever consider an engine swap in the Gladiator it would be with this engine, the weight to HP ratio would be incredible and it uses the same 8 speed tranny as the Gladiator.

Sponsored

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
Copy & paste quote from first link:
"Race Disclaimer:
This is a Race Only product that is to be used solely for competition, it cannot be used on vehicles that are operated on public streets, roads or highways. Its use is limited to closed-course and open-course racing that is formally sanctioned by a recognized racing organization. Any other use, including recreational off-road use, could be in violation of local, state and federal laws. To complete the purchase of this item, aFe Power competition acknowledgement/liability release form must be filled out and submitted."

Does this mean it's illegal to have this exhaust installed in your Gladiator for normal daily driving? I was interested in this exhaust until I read that. At first I thought they were just saying this to protect the company but now I'm wondering why they would even make this product if it was illegal? Am I missing something here?

MF Comics

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Manual Bronco
Copy & paste quote from first link:
"Race Disclaimer:
This is a Race Only product that is to be used solely for competition, it cannot be used on vehicles that are operated on public streets, roads or highways. Its use is limited to closed-course and open-course racing that is formally sanctioned by a recognized racing organization. Any other use, including recreational off-road use, could be in violation of local, state and federal laws. To complete the purchase of this item, aFe Power competition acknowledgement/liability release form must be filled out and submitted."

Does this mean it's illegal to have this exhaust installed in your Gladiator for normal daily driving? I was interested in this exhaust until I read that. At first I thought they were just saying this to protect the company but now I'm wondering why they would even make this product if it was illegal? Am I missing something here?
Not at all

My Audi and my old Mustang has/had a high flow cat (hfc) that would have the same disclaimer and no one even blinks at it, passing emissions for years with it

Just one of those general disclaimers they have to slap on. Only way you're failing is with no cats in a strict state, otherwise more sound, more power and more flow.

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not at all

My Audi and my old Mustang has/had a high flow cat (hfc) that would have the same disclaimer and no one even blinks at it, passing emissions for years with it

Just one of those general disclaimers they have to slap on. Only way you're failing is with no cats in a strict state, otherwise more sound, more power and more flow.
Ok good! Do you have any experience with this combo?

MF Comics

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Manual Bronco
Ok good! Do you have any experience with this combo?
It's like this, unless you're driving a Sentra/versa or some other dinky econo car, you're not gonna make much gains in power with catbacks

Real power comes from the headers, or in our case, the downpipes

As I said, both my Audi and my old Mustang have catted downpipes, though if you don't mind swapping for emissions every few years, go catless, as it adds an additional 5-10hp.

My only problem is I didn't realize the catback would be so loud in my Audi.

That said, with just the downpipe, sounded more raspy and metallic with the faintest wiff of gas at times

Last edited:

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's like this, unless you're driving a Sentra/versa or some other dinky econo car, you're not gonna make much gains in power with catbacks

Real power comes from the headers, or in our case, the downpipes

As I said, both my Audi and my old Mustang have catted downpipes, though if you don't mind swapping for emissions every few years, go catless, as it adds an additional 5-10hp.

My only problem is I didn't realize the catback would be so loud in my Audi, though with the downpipe, sounded more raspy and metallic with the faintest wiff of gas at times
Thanks for your input. Hopefully we'll see sound clips for the Gladiators. I don't want to add it to my Gladiator if it doesn't sound good or has too much highway drone, especially for that price.

Sponsored

LeftCoast32

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
We will be installing and testing the Magnuson TVS1900 kit soon. In stock form we should see a 100-120 hp gain and still be CARB compliant.

The hardest thing for us is keeping our Gladiator stock until after the install and testing. Then we will start the long mod list, suspension, wheels, tires, rock sliders and etc..

MF Comics

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Manual Bronco
Thanks for your input. Hopefully we'll see sound clips for the Gladiators. I don't want to add it to my Gladiator if it doesn't sound good or has too much highway drone, especially for that price.
I'm not sure about the drone or the sound, but it's more a bit more growl at that point, not really droning.

Also depends on which Cat/Axle back you go with, certain combos work better than others

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
"Despite the four variants of the 3.6 already being sold — rear drive (290 hp), AWD (292 hp), FWD (283 hp), and Challenger (305 hp), there are just two head designs, two intake manifolds, and one set of internal components, including cam and pistons (this probably changed when they added the Ram setup, 305 hp, though the rep said the main advantage in the Ram was the space available for the exhaust), according to an SAE article by Paul Weissler. The Challenger's 13 horsepower increase is due to "a more aggressively designed intake air system" which increased airflow from 214 to 220 g/s." -Pentastars.com

Horsepower is all about air. Most of these engines are all the same. The difference comes down to the space available for stuffing air into them and flowing it out. If a guy installed a quality air intake system, a high-flow exhaust system, and ran a quality fuel that would likely be enough alone to get the JT engine to 300 ponies. Throw in a tuner and you're easily at Ram 1500 levels.

However, keep in mind that on the Jeep, the reason they choke these engines down so bad is because they're purposefully trying to keep water, snow, and mud out of them. Hydrolocking while offroad is a bad thing.

MF Comics

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Manual Bronco
"Despite the four variants of the 3.6 already being sold — rear drive (290 hp), AWD (292 hp), FWD (283 hp), and Challenger (305 hp), there are just two head designs, two intake manifolds, and one set of internal components, including cam and pistons (this probably changed when they added the Ram setup, 305 hp, though the rep said the main advantage in the Ram was the space available for the exhaust), according to an SAE article by Paul Weissler. The Challenger's 13 horsepower increase is due to "a more aggressively designed intake air system" which increased airflow from 214 to 220 g/s." -Pentastars.com

Horsepower is all about air. Most of these engines are all the same. The difference comes down to the space available for stuffing air into them and flowing it out. If a guy installed a quality air intake system, a high-flow exhaust system, and ran a quality fuel that would likely be enough alone to get the JT engine to 300 ponies. Throw in a tuner and you're easily at Ram 1500 levels.

However, keep in mind that on the Jeep, the reason they choke these engines down so bad is because they're purposefully trying to keep water, snow, and mud out of them. Hydrolocking while offroad is a bad thing.
Exactly.

Still, always ways around a problem.
Sponsored