Oboc

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Friends,

I'm looking for a strong full-width front bumper that doesn't weigh a ton, but can still hold a winch (and looks cool. Any recommendations?
Sponsored

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
Rock Hard bumpers. I don't have one, but I'm thinking about it. The price is what's keeping me away...I don't NEED a new bumper. It just looks cool. Oh, and they say it weights a whopping 37 pounds, which is amazingly lighter than the stock plastic bumper.
RH-90210-8T.jpg

OP
OP

Oboc

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Rock Hard bumpers. I don't have one, but I'm thinking about it. The price is what's keeping me away...I don't NEED a new bumper. It just looks cool. Oh, and they say it weights a whopping 37 pounds, which is amazingly lighter than the stock plastic bumper.
Jeep Gladiator Best full-width aluminum front bumper? RH-90210-8T
That looks rad! Definitely pricey, though. :D

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
If you want aluminum, you're going to have to pay a premium. No matter where you get it from.

Keep in mind, if you want a winch the winch plate is steel and is still going to be heavy.

OP
OP

Oboc

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
If you want aluminum, you're going to have to pay a premium. No matter where you get it from.

Keep in mind, if you want a winch the winch plate is steel and is still going to be heavy.
Yeah, that makes sense. That Rock Hard bumper says it's 37 lbs (obviously the winch will add some weight), but that's a lot lighter than I expected.

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Yeah, that makes sense. That Rock Hard bumper says it's 37 lbs (obviously the winch will add some weight), but that's a lot lighter than I expected.

No, not the winch, the winch plate. It's going to weigh as much as the bumper, if not more.
The winch will be another 70 pounds give or take.

That same bumper, in steel, with a recessed winch mount and a front receiver is 140 pounds. It's on it's way to me now.

In aluminum, there will be steel winch plate behind the aluminum skin and it is a hefty piece of steel.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
My apologies, Rock Hard uses aluminum for their winch plate on the aluminum bumper.

It was another manufacturer that the weight doubled for aluminum bumper when winch plate is added.
Sponsored