Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Want to see how easy it is to install a Bestop Sunrider on your Gladiator JT? Northridge4x4's @Tech Tim just finished up a how-to story on the Northridge Nation blog site.....

NEW JEEP PRODUCTS, NORTHRIDGE NEWS, TECH WRITE UPS
Bestop Sunrider On Jeep Gladiator JT

gladiator-jt-sunrider-open-top-view-jtgladiatorforums.jpg

It’s that time of the year… the sun is out, the heat is on and it’s time to enjoy the nice weather. The easiest way is to just pop the Freedom panels out and store them in the backseat, bed of the truck or at home. Easy that is, until a rainstorm pops up out of no where and your panels are in the back of your Gladiator or maybe even left at home.

The Bestop Sunrider top (pn#52452) is the perfect answer to that problem. It opens in seconds, folds back out of the way when open, so you don’t have to worry about storing any panels and if that sudden rainstorm starts dumping, it only takes seconds to close.

The best thing…. this is a super quick and clean install you can do right in your own driveway or garage. The only tool needed is a T40 Torx bit and a ratchet or driver to run that bit.
To read the full story go here: Northridge Nation DIY Bestop Sunrider on Gladiator JT.

You already know you want one? We've got them in stock ready to ship to your door: JT/JL Bestop Sunrider Top
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Awesome write-up within. If I weren't saving for new tires this would be my next purchase.
Thanks for the props!

What tires are you looking at or have you decided yet?

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the props!

What tires are you looking at or have you decided yet?
No decision yet. I'd be happy with Rubi takeoffs so I could get 17's for better tire options down the road. Trying to be patient!

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
I do really like this. I've never had a jeep anything so can someone tell me why this is a better option than the soft top you can give that can open up all the way to the back please?

Sponsored

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
I do really like this. I've never had a jeep anything so can someone tell me why this is a better option than the soft top you can give that can open up all the way to the back please?
It's not, but if you bought one with a hard top and have no where to store the hard top then this is a pretty good option to quickly open up the front seats without having to figure out where you're going to put the freedom panels when you want to go topless and you're away from home.

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
The Sunrider is more for a convenient quick and easy way to open and close the front to enjoy the sun.

A full soft top will open up the whole cab, including the backseat, but will take longer to open and close.

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
I’ve really been enjoying my sunrider, which I bought from Northridge 4x4. I just wish Bestop would get off their asses and release the retractable sunscreen.

Sponsored

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
Thanks for the instructions. One of the few mods on my definite purchase list, Summer is almost past so may be next year

83Scrambler

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
PIMP
I recently installed the BT Sundowner top last night and it doesnt fit right. The fabric is shifted to one side. It almost covers up the passenger side gutter and its not even close to the gutter on the other side. Also, the white strips inside the cab dont line up with the hardware on one of the cross pieces. Has this happened to anyone? Im not thrilled with the quality of the top.

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I recently installed the BT Sundowner top last night and it doesnt fit right. The fabric is shifted to one side. It almost covers up the passenger side gutter and its not even close to the gutter on the other side. Also, the white strips inside the cab dont line up with the hardware on one of the cross pieces. Has this happened to anyone? Im not thrilled with the quality of the top.
You sure you got the right part? Mine fits like a glove, even pressure washing it nothing comes through it's solid when closed.

I'd take it all the way off and reinstall watching the video.

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
X2 on what @Cleankat said.

Something doesn't sound right, these are very well made and fit perfect.

Can you post up some pics of the problems?

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
Want to see how easy it is to install a Bestop Sunrider on your Gladiator JT? Northridge4x4's @Tech Tim just finished up a how-to story on the Northridge Nation blog site.....

To read the full story go here: Northridge Nation DIY Bestop Sunrider on Gladiator JT.

You already know you want one? We've got them in stock ready to ship to your door: JT/JL Bestop Sunrider Top
Bought one spring 2021 and love it! Nice to be able to throw the Bestop Sunrider open sitting at a light and not have to pull over to stash the freedom tops in the back. There is enough resistance built-in to the hinge mechanism that it does not move or flap at all once open - even on the highway. I do secure the top with the included velcro straps when off-roading.
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Overland with body color freedom top
Sponsored