Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@Bestop if you guys could make this compatible with the Decked system, that'd be great! :like:
I'm not in the engineering team, but I don't see any reason this wouldn't work as well.

As for the availability of a Bestop Supertop for Truck 2 for the Gladiator - I, unfortunately, still don't have an ETA on general availability.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
I am in no hurry but for me it will have to come in Twill to be considered.

Sponsored

CPGladiator

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Billet Silver Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Hey guys,

Here are some teaser concepts from one of our product designers. What do you think?

CassieAtBestop

JT ST4T one REAL down stack.jpg

JT ST4T one REAL.jpg
hopefully I explain this well but what I’d love to see is a concept similar to this to where the soft top over the cab area in the soft top over the bed are all the same and or you have the ability to connect the two and drop the window in between the bed in the cab. We have two very large dogs and I love to have the ability to have them in the bed of the truck but to have it fully open to the cabin so that I can get AC back there to a certain extent. They are two great Danes over 200 pounds each so they don’t fit in the truck very well and we live in Arizona so in the summers with the baking here I want to make sure there would be cool air back there. We try not to bring them with
Much in the summer for that reason but it would be nice to have that option. Also that would be ideal for people that are camping in harsh environments having ability to sleep in the bed but having heat or AC go back there

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
hopefully I explain this well but what I’d love to see is a concept similar to this to where the soft top over the cab area in the soft top over the bed are all the same and or you have the ability to connect the two and drop the window in between the bed in the cab. We have two very large dogs and I love to have the ability to have them in the bed of the truck but to have it fully open to the cabin so that I can get AC back there to a certain extent. They are two great Danes over 200 pounds each so they don’t fit in the truck very well and we live in Arizona so in the summers with the baking here I want to make sure there would be cool air back there. We try not to bring them with
Much in the summer for that reason but it would be nice to have that option. Also that would be ideal for people that are camping in harsh environments having ability to sleep in the bed but having heat or AC go back there
A decent top shop should be able make a zippered boot from the front panel of the supertopper to a replacement rear window. My concern would be cooling capacity with 10ft of black soft top in the AZ sun.

Last edited:

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
A decent top shop should be able make a zippered boot from the front panel of the supertopper to a replacement rear window. My concern would be cooling capacity with 10ft of black soft top in the AZ sun.
Agree with your concern. There are small, portable AC units made out of igloo coolers that are popular for small airplanes...I’m wondering if something like that won’t be best with dogs in the back.

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
@Bestop any updates? I realize most places are shutdown due to covid, but whats the production probability looking like for this? Not a fan of the softopper but want to see this come out

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@Bestop any updates? I realize most places are shutdown due to covid, but whats the production probability looking like for this? Not a fan of the softopper but want to see this come out
No update on a timeline at this point - our manufacturing is now being impacted by COVID, so the timeline is fuzzier now for new products. I think we all wish we had better news on a bunch of fronts right now.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Bestop - Any updates on the bed soft topper, will there be a twill option?

Thanks in advance

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Mnstokes

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Its nice no third brake light is necessary as Jeep put it on the tailgate.

I’d love to see a soft topper that when front window is removed and rear window of soft top is removed the two would zip together creating a seal and full pass thru.

I’d also like to see different zip in options whether window, screen, or cargo netting to keep dogs or other cargo in but plenty of ventilation.

Looks great and thanks for asking for input
looks great. I like the idea of being able to attach the Gladiator soft top with this Bestop Supertop to allow access, get A/C to the dogs, and have a weather seal. When do you expect to start production.

Mnstokes

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I hope you will keep the concept’s black structure/framing to better match the gladiator soft top, apposed to softoppers silver/aluminum. Looking forward to order one.
Sponsored