First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
A 2nd full “recline” bestop soft top option (I know they make the oem) that mates up to the bed cover!!!!!
Sponsored

gladnewb

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Still figuring that out, but IT for now!
IMO - I was waiting for this to come out, but I’m thinking I might pass on it due to lack of real timelines. I’m just tired of waiting. They are talking directly to the customer base that would be purchasing their product. I get it to some degree why they are being Hush, but when you are on a forum directly engaged with your customers. You would think they could spare some more info to keep their customers in the know.

enrico_pallazzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler & 21 Mojave
Occupation
Opera singer, occasional umpire
IMO - I was waiting for this to come out, but I’m thinking I might pass on it due to lack of real timelines. I’m just tired of waiting. They are talking directly to the customer base that would be purchasing their product. I get it to some degree why they are being Hush, but when you are on a forum directly engaged with your customers. You would think they could spare some more info to keep their customers in the know.
This is something vendors need to balance. If you’re going to go public and get interest and input, you need a plan to set expectations on timing and not go radio silent.

ironorr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Brewer
Especially when they literally "own" the competition (softopper). This just isn't good business.

Sponsored

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
Especially when they literally "own" the competition (softopper). This just isn't good business.
I would have to imagine that this particular product is some engineers pet. You would have to think after they purchased Softopper the executive support for this project all but evaporated. I hope I am wrong but the cost to bring a new product to market after already purchasing a competing product that you know will cannibalize the initial project has to be extremely high.

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I would have to imagine that this particular product is some engineers pet. You would have to think after they purchased Softopper the executive support for this project all but evaporated. I hope I am wrong but the cost to bring a new product to market after already purchasing a competing product that you know will cannibalize the initial project has to be extremely high.
I really hope not. Unfortunately the softopper doesn’t quite fit with the soft top IMO. It looks like a backpack on the truck and the fit and finish just isn’t as clean as it could be. I’m waiting for the supertop in hopes that it’ll follow the lines better and match the OEM top material. Also the mechanism appears to be more compact than the softopper.
Hopefully this comes along soon and Bestop continues to come out with modular add ons as they do with their other products.

I won’t buy a softopper, but I will buy a supertop if it holds up to its name.

Last edited:

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Haul Truck Driver

GreenZJ

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR....Jeep #10
I sold my Softopper and have been waiting so patiently for any sort of update or something from Bestop. I’m thinking I may go another route as well. The silence is deafening

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Excellent things come to those who wait.

Here are some updated images for you all. I still have one great nugget of info I'll share with you when we are ready to officially launch this product and take some orders, I think you're really going to like it! Don't hold my feet to the fire with this but we should be able to release this to the market very soon, just pulling some last items together.
Thanks to those who have been waiting patiently!

Jeep Gladiator Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed 1614192079274

Jeep Gladiator Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed 1614191953686

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Excellent things come to those who wait.

Here are some updated images for you all. I still have one great nugget of info I'll share with you when we are ready to officially launch this product and take some orders, I think you're really going to like it! Don't hold my feet to the fire with this but we should be able to release this to the market very soon, just pulling some last items together.
Thanks to those who have been waiting patiently!

1614192079274.png

1614191953686.png

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
All is forgiven. She's beautiful!
Any hints towards what this nugget might be? :)
Also, would it be possible to get a picture (or render) with the OEM soft top installed?

Thanks Lee!

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
All is forgiven. She's beautiful!
Any hints towards what this nugget might be? :)
Also, would it be possible to get a picture (or render) with the OEM soft top installed?

Thanks Lee!
Any hints? Umm, this is something that will increase it's functionality even when you're not using it.
As for OEM Soft top pictures, I don't have any available yet, sorry.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
Any hints? Umm, this is something that will increase it's functionality even when you're not using it.
As for OEM Soft top pictures, I don't have any available yet, sorry.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Turns into a tonneau?

I love that it doesn’t use Velcro on the tailgate like the Softopper.

Last edited: