First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Nurse Practitioner
Down to 12.9 on my stock Mojave. I literally cannot drive any slower without getting a ticket lol. Rarely go over 2800 RPM’s starting from a stopped position going through the gears. 80% of my driving is around a small town, minimal hills. For reference, my ‘12 JKU with 33’s and 2.5” Teraflex lift got about 13.5 MPG’s.

MPG’s isn’t a deal breaker for me but it’s important for others, so I’ll keep updating……Especially to see how it (hopefully) improves as the engine wears in.

Jeep Gladiator Better gas mileage than expected?? 4509C2C3-7B47-4D67-80BD-AE2ED14124DD
Sponsored

OP
OP

RedOverland

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Down to 12.9 on my stock Mojave. I literally cannot drive any slower without getting a ticket lol. Rarely go over 2800 RPM’s starting from a stopped position going through the gears. 80% of my driving is around a small town, minimal hills. For reference, my ‘12 JKU with 33’s and 2.5” Teraflex lift got about 13.5 MPG’s.

MPG’s isn’t a deal breaker for me but it’s important for others, so I’ll keep updating……Especially to see how it (hopefully) improves as the engine wears in.

Jeep Gladiator Better gas mileage than expected?? 4509C2C3-7B47-4D67-80BD-AE2ED14124DD
I think you need at least 1,000 miles to get a good reading. The first few miles have a lot of start and stop driving, like at the dealership. Mine reported around 16mpg when I picked it up at the dealership and the first 100 miles or so. Now it is above the EPA highway rating.

tikijimmy

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Curious what you've found. Is it the suspension and wheel package that creates the efficiency?
No hard numbers, just reading a lot of posts and watching overloading videos on YouTube. Maybe "research" was a little too strong a word 🤣

From anecdotal comments, though, it seems the Overland is more tuned to highway miles, with smoother tires than the Rubi (stock, anyway), and a less off-roady suspension, both of which lead to a better road ride and better mileage.

Oddly, I think my mileage got BETTER with the roof tent installed. It's a little more weight, but I have it mounted on a low overland rack, which puts the tent inline with the roof of the truck, giving it more of a camper shell profile.
Sponsored