First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
In my Overland, stock!!!, I consistently get around 23+ mpg straight highway driving since brand spanking new. Running around, I get 19 mpg. Winter blend fuel, it drops by 1 mpg. Towing, I get around 13 mpg with an ~5,300 lb. trailer. Don't tow in the winter so I don't know the economy there but I'm willing to bet it too would be around 1 mpg less.

Driving habits for me are easy stops and starts, shift points are around 2,500 rpm and I only drive 5 mph over the limits.
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the northeast and the cold weather kills me.

I did an experiment yesterday. I had to drive a loop in the morning when it was about 0 and then again in the afternoon when it was about 30. It was literally the difference between 14.5 mpg and 16.6 mpg.
One more datapoint, weather got up to about 50 for my 120 mile drive home yesterday. I was at 17.6 by the end of the trip. Mostly highway with the cruise set at 73 mph and the AT locked in 8th.

Mflowers11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Hi Alt, 2017 Wrangler, Rcky Mtn
Occupation
Finance
2021 High Altitude with 4k miles, 3.6 L, 2.5” leveling Kit, rubicon shocks and a cold air intake & stock wheels.

I do a LOT of hwy driving for work so I try to maximize my gas savings as I get reimbursed per mile…. 150 mile trip yesterday from Marshfield WI to Waukesha and I averaged 27.MPG mostly hwy. Used adaptive cruise and cruised behind a semi much of the way. With 36” wheels I was getting about 20 MPG doing the same.

When working, I’d rather come out ahead! Just bought it a week ago so this was my first work trip. For someone that just wants to relax on a long drive, adaptive cruise is the way to go!!! Weekend driving, not close to that good! 👍
Sponsored