Sponsored

Better incentives in February on leftover 23s?

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys NACHO
A dealer relatively close by (2hr drive) is offering 29% off all their 2023's, but I'm really leery because another dealer warned me about them. Do all these Jeep dealers do the bait and switch with the $4k of add on crap like window etching and paint coating, etc.?

It's really hard to believe that there are still over 12 thousand 2023 Gladiators sitting on dealer lots.
Yes and no. The jeep I WANTED was in Kansas City (I'm in Ohio) and I would have drove out there to get it but they were playing games. They had the 15% off plus over 7k dealer discount BUT 1k of that was if you financed with them ans 2k of that was if you had a trade in of 2018 or newer. So they low balled on the trade in saying well 2k of the dealer discount goes towards trade in. They also added some ceramic coat/fabric protector for $900 that was already on the truck they wanted reimbursed for (even though it wasn't listed on website)

I then called my dealer who had almost the same truck minus a couple features but had a couple the other didn't and asked if the dealer discount was contingent on anything and they said no. Doesn't matter if I finance or trade anything in so I went with my 2nd choice cause there was no BS.
Sponsored

Rubiron

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
A dealer relatively close by (2hr drive) is offering 29% off all their 2023's, but I'm really leery because another dealer warned me about them. Do all these Jeep dealers do the bait and switch with the $4k of add on crap like window etching and paint coating, etc.?

It's really hard to believe that there are still over 12 thousand 2023 Gladiators sitting on dealer lots.
What dealer is this?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Do all these Jeep dealers do the bait and switch with the $4k of add on crap like window etching and paint coating, etc.?

Not here. There are a few here and there with swapped wheels and tires, lift kits and so on, but generally speaking, what they have on the lot is untouched, they only add that stuff - or rather try to sell you that stuff, after you decide to buy it.
And as for the 12K 2023s - not around here. None at the dealer I work with (except I believe the Sport Apex they have is a 2023-, he said they all went really fast in January and February, nothing left for them. There's a handful here and there, slim pickins, though.

I was snooping around various dealer web sites to see what was out there for 23s and found myself, without even any sort of contact, not filling out any form or anything, being contacted over and over wanting to buy my 22 and saying they still had a couple of 23s and deep discounts. Problem is - what they have left is of no interest and trading a 22 for a 23 with no differences other than 1 year and a few thousand miles? To what gain?
When I trade, I expect some real differences, not just replacing a 2 with a 3 in the model year.

Dave-in-RI

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.GrowMeaningful.com
Vehicle(s)
2010 Subaru Outback (trade-in for 4xe Gladiator)
Occupation
Nonprofit Organizational Development Consultant
Weren’t they at 23k units this fall? I’m surprised they managed to sell them so quickly.

aristobrat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD (stock), 2010 JKUR (4.5"/37)
If you’re interested, I’d recommend contacting them through their website, get the details, and see what they’ll negotiate on.

I recently drove three hours to buy a JTRD FarOut Edition whose advertised price was ~27% off.

Their advertised price didn’t include the $1895 destination charge or a $1K bullshit GPS tracker. They ended up pretty easily dropping the destination charge but wouldn’t budge on the GPS tracker.

The ~27% off deal ended up being a ~26% off deal which still worked for me. Going to give the GPS thing to a buddy whose teenage kid recently started driving.

Sponsored

Pismo61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Jeep JL
I was tempted to buy a discounted 23, but decided to roll the dice and wait. Even at 20% off MSRP the value's not there for me. I found a few with combined discounts pushing 26% but the trucks were nothing I was willing to live with even at that price.

I'd like to have another Jeep but they lost me on the 24's for several reasons. When and if the discounts get any better I may settle for a picked over poorly optioned 23, we'll see. I'm a cash buyer and I already have a daily, so there are other options if need be.
Ya,even at 20 percent off still kind of high to me.

BlackRuby23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Weren’t they at 23k units this fall? I’m surprised they managed to sell them so quickly.
I'm not surprised. I am one who jumped at almost 30% off. While I happen to believe it was still overpriced at what I paid (hey, I'm old fashioned), when you factor in the hyperinflation in new vehicle prices over the past 4 years, such a smoking deal this soon after the price hikes was something almost unheard of.

That being said, I am now seeing nearly the same sort of deals on new 2024 Ram trucks, particularly 1500 series models. They are offering 10% off msrp right off the bat, then massive dealer discounts which amount to, in some cases $20k off msrp.

These manufacturers have a pricing problem and they know it. They greeded out. Now there is hell to pay as cars and trucks are stacking up. Further, interest rates are not coming down anytime soon. All of the hype of the FED cutting rates was just that - hype. The latest inflation numbers show that it may be re-accelerating. More rate hikes are not off the table. Bad news for auto loan rates.
Sponsored