BFG Balancing Issues??

Sikjeep2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I work at a off-road shop. BFG ko2 is my most common tire that we have vibration issues with. I’m not a fan.
Sponsored

bsd103

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Gladiator Sport S 6spd manual, 2013 Abarth 500, 2012 charger SRT
I work at a off-road shop. BFG ko2 is my most common tire that we have vibration issues with. I’m not a fan.
Yep, I agree with this shop. BFGs have always been overrated mediocre tires in my experience. So many better options out there.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
I've had two Wave oil changes and zero pushback about non-OEM tires.
The BFG's are Michellin and I use ONLY Michelin Tires and if you buy at Americas Tire Store, you get lifetime free rotation. When I had my 3500 GMC work truck, I put the Michellin Fire Apparatus rated Tires on it and they ran forever no matter the load. I run Michellin's on my other three vehicles and they last forever, run better than most in rain, and provide a smooth ride.. I wold find another tire dealer.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
From the experience of changing hundreds maybe thousands of tires for greater than 30 years, almost every tire with balance issues started with incorrect balance dot placement. The cheapo Asian brands without dots were the worst and any one's guess as to starting placement on the rim. Every automotive shop I have used either ignores, scoffs, or lies about the dot issue. Opinions flow like water, truth not so much. Never had issues with BFG.

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have 37in KM3 that we originally balanced by 4WP with balance beads and they vibrated more than I cared for at highway speeds. I had them dismounted and rebalanced by a local tire shop with stick-ons and it has been butter smooth since. The installer has a lot to do with it. BTW I should have went with 39bfg.

Jeep Gladiator BFG Balancing Issues?? 20200630_145420

Sponsored

OP
OP
Panther69

Panther69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingray Gladiator Mojave
I have 37in KM3 that we originally balanced by 4WP with balance beads and they vibrated more than I cared for at highway speeds. I had them dismounted and rebalanced by a local tire shop with stick-ons and it has been butter smooth since. The installer has a lot to do with it. BTW I should have went with 39bfg.

20200630_145420.jpg
hows road noise on pavement? My wife had some of the old km2 on her 2 door and noticeable hum but nothing terrible. Been reading the km3 are a vast improvement over km2

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
hows road noise on pavement? My wife had some of the old km2 on her 2 door and noticeable hum but nothing terrible. Been reading the km3 are a vast improvement over km2
The road noise is not bad at all, it is there but after 40 miles an hour the wind noise against the super flat gladiator takes over. FYI I have ran the Km2s (below) as well and they were great, but not as refined as the km3. All mud tires have come a long way in the last 10 years.
Jeep Gladiator BFG Balancing Issues?? 237

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
My experience with T/A KO2s is they sometimes take a LOT of lead to balance, and every 3rd try you've got to spin the tire 180 degress to try to help, as well as barely "passing" the roadforce tests. Once it's all done, they're great tires that ride really well, my guess is the shop doesn't want to spend 2x the lead and 2x the labor for the same fee.
Sponsored