Tim

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I have not seen many or any 35 AT balancing issues on these pages. My 35 BFG ATs on Mopar 8.5 wheels have no issues.
I wasn’t expecting to have issues. I think I just got unlucky, to be honest. Took a risk ordering over the internet and I ended up drawing the short straw. Then I didn’t pick the best shop for the initial re-balance. It should have been a red flag when they told me they don’t do appointments and I could drop it off and they would try to get it done while I was at work. They just didn’t have or weren’t willing to spend the time needed to do it right.

I just had my 37's installed by discount tire yesterday and they had no troubles balancing them at their show here. I would suggest maybe setting up an appointment with them. They would be happy to help I'm sure. Everyone I've spoken to or worked with has been very helpful.
I am sure you are correct. The closest Discount Tire to me here in NJ in in VA, though, so not really feasible.

Just curious what were the road force numbers? I recently had a set of 35s mounted, balanced and road force checked they were between 12 and 23
I’m not sure what the numbers were. The shop manager told me they were able to successfully balance them and I got the Jeep back 10 minutes before the shop closed. I also had somewhere to be so I didn’t chat them up too much. I took their word that they did the job the right way and achieved good results. They were right and the tires are now buttery smooth even at 75+mph so I’m happy. Now if it still had vibration the numbers would be important as I would be looking to return some tires….glad it didn’t come to that.
Sponsored

Reactions: Mac

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shops don't like to do road force balancing because it takes a lot of time. You mount the tire, run it, then dismount and index the tire and run it again.

People piss and moan and don't want to pay $200 to have tires balanced when somewhere like Town Fair diminishes it by doing balancing for "free" and even Costco will rebalance 4 tires for $40.

But this is real work. And people don't realize that.

Reactions: Tim

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
I want to revive this thread instead of opening a new one. Is there a scenario where beads would be the only option? I am having difficulty getting a set of E rated 315/70r17 AT/x balanced on Method 703's. First attempt at road force has 3, 5, 5, and 11 oz of weight and I have a shimmy starting at 50-75.
Sponsored