First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I haven’t been either, but I want to go before I leave Texas next year. I saw a post somewhere that a stock Glady could do it pretty easily though. Maybe on the Jeep Badge of Honor app/website.

Post back with pictures of your trip!

Nitroexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, '82 Jeep CJ-8,
I have a cabin in Terlingua and have spent quite a bit of time in BBNP. I've driven every road in the park. Did you have a specific question?

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I have driven all those trails. A stock Gladiator can do them all. The scenery is breathtaking! It’s well worth your time! Now, if you are going to hit the trails in the nearly adjacent Big Bend Ranch State Park, I would be more concerned about a rig being stock. They are generally knarlier.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Gremlinsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I’m learning
No specific questions. I am planning on going out that way soon

I am also planning to purchase some property out in terlingua myself

Nitroexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, '82 Jeep CJ-8,
July is going to be HOT as hell!! Travel with 1 gallon of water per person/per day!!!!!! Make sure to have a way to deal with tire issues. A QUALITY tire repair kit and air source is very smart, above and beyond having a spare. As stated, all trails are doable with a stock Jeep. It's not technical or difficult driving, just remote.

BRMoose

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
PM
Done with both my JK wrangler and motorcycle, my favorite place on earth

Jcsii

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR / TJ / CJ5 / MB
Occupation
Elec Eng
Airing down will help with the ride.. I always seem to forget until several miles in but make sure you have a way to air back up. I also recommend a gps or phone based gps app (avensa or Gaia ). Not much cell coverage out there.
Black Gap is the only road I have been on that needed 4wd (not been on old ore road)

Jeep Gladiator Big bend np 5113B23C-7B0A-4C2E-9D56-25AE533996F4
Jeep Gladiator Big bend np 58CC8781-55C2-4827-AABD-D2409D3E0364

Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I will be out there next week camping out for two nights off or Old Ore Road. First time going. I had to try out the truck there. First time owning a Jeep so why not?
Just to reiterate what others have mentioned….make sure you have plenty or water, spare tire(s) and tire repair, gps locator, comms, etc. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure Big Bend is the most remote national park in the continuous United States.

My lack of gear is why I probably won’t make it this year unfortunately. Good luck to you!

leosky

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Just to reiterate what others have mentioned….make sure you have plenty or water, spare tire(s) and tire repair, gps locator, comms, etc. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure Big Bend is the most remote national park in the continuous United States.

My lack of gear is why I probably won’t make it this year unfortunately. Good luck to you!
I am bringing two 5 gallon jugs for water just to be safe as well as all the other equipment you mentioned. I believe in Murphy's law and want to be prepared. This is the first time the wife is going camping. I am more concerned about that ruining my trip!!!

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I am bringing two 5 gallon jugs for water just to be safe as well as all the other equipment you mentioned. I believe in Murphy's law and want to be prepared. This is the first time the wife is going camping. I am more concerned about that ruining my trip!!!
Hell yea. Glad to hear you’re fully prepared then. I hope y’all have a blast. I bet she’ll love it!

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Has any body run the trails n such out at big bend National park

I’ve yet to go there but we’re planning a July trip
Not sure if you've made the trip yet or not. We just got back from our trip a couple weeks ago. We used to head out there every year when I had the TJ so it's been about 6-7 years since the last time we were out there. We ran almost every trail including Black Gap Rd with my stock Overland with 33s. No problems at all for us or my buddy who ran with his '20 4Runner. He had to take it a little slower and some different angles, but overall fantastic park and a great time. The weather was perfect as a front had pushed through and the whole time it was in the 80's to low 90's. A lot of recent rain though created some washouts on the trails that made them a little more difficult than normal.

leosky

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
I was there last week and just got back to NY today. :crying: I stayed in Roy's Peak and McKinney Springs off of Old Ore Road. I have mainly done all my off road driving in Honduras and Guatemala. for the most part. I have driven in a ton of snow too. My stock Sport S did great on Old Ore Road. The wife loved it, especially spotting me as I drove down some washouts. Since she enjoyed the whole experience, including camping (which is more important than me enjoying it...), she wants to go back and explore the rest of the park and area. I do see us going back in the near future. Not sure we are going to drive from NY again though. We may just rent a Jeep out there. Oh... and I almost got hit by a cow on Old Ore Road....
Sponsored