First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Law enforcement
Does anyone know what the biggest rear spacer you can do on a rubicon without having to change track bar, add shock extensions, etc. i just put a rough country 2.5/daystar 3/4 and it looks nose high to me. Is it safe to tow with shock extensions on the rear?
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Does anyone know what the biggest rear spacer you can do on a rubicon without having to change track bar, add shock extensions, etc. i just put a rough country 2.5/daystar 3/4 and it looks nose high to me. Is it safe to tow with shock extensions on the rear?
You can do up to a 2" rear spacer without absolutely needing rear track bar correction. Shock extensions should generally be used for the rear when you add more than 1" there. You can tow just fine with shock extensions, but you also shouldn't need shock extensions with a 3/4" spacer (If that's what you were talking about doing).

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
Agreed. For reference, the AEV spacer kit is very well thought out and high quality.

It includes a 2” rear spacer and shock extensions, but they say a rear track bar adjustment isn’t necessary.

Youre looking at the problem the wrong way however. It should be “what awesome mods/additions can I do to the front that’ll bring it down 1/2”

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yep just keep in mind that as you add spacer thickness and lift the rear (or the front for that matter) farther and farther, the track bar will change angle in relation to the ground. And that in turn will make the handling of the vehicle feel increasingly poor. I remember doing a 2" RC lift on my JLU and reusing the stock track bar and mounts. It felt terrible on the road. A lot of "yaw" similar to the turbulence you feel in an airplane. Feels like every imperfection in the road twists and pushes the vehicle in weird directions. Part of the problem is that the track bars run in different directions in front and rear.

So, I strongly recommend that if you go above 1" of spacer lift that you also do a track bar geometry correction bracket.

OP
OP

Jumperdp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Law enforcement
Yeah, I have the 3/4” daystar spacer in the rear already. I originally had the 1.5” teraflex spacer and just did 2.5” rough country leveling kit. I also did the mopar lift longer control arms and rc’s adjustable track bar. I was looking to do like 1.25-1.50 in the rear, just wasn’t sure how much modification that would entail- I don’t want to completely ruin the ride.

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Yeah, I have the 3/4” daystar spacer in the rear already. I originally had the 1.5” teraflex spacer and just did 2.5” rough country leveling kit. I also did the mopar lift longer control arms and rc’s adjustable track bar. I was looking to do like 1.25-1.50 in the rear, just wasn’t sure how much modification that would entail- I don’t want to completely ruin the ride.
I'm running a 1.5" rear spacer. I started with shock spacers, and am now running 28" long Fox shocks back there. I don't have a rear relocation bracket or track bar (yet). It's offset a bit, but not much.

OP
OP

Jumperdp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Law enforcement
Agreed. For reference, the AEV spacer kit is very well thought out and high quality.

It includes a 2” rear spacer and shock extensions, but they say a rear track bar adjustment isn’t necessary.

Youre looking at the problem the wrong way however. It should be “what awesome mods/additions can I do to the front that’ll bring it down 1/2”

I already did winch/bumper- not sure what else I can throw up there. Maybe a bag of lead haha
Sponsored