Sponsored

Biggest Tire on Stock Sport Wheels?

Ar4130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
Yeah. With a 37x12.5 I would imagine there would be rubbing while turning. I don’t have this on my rig so I could be wrong tho. I think a 35x12.5 works, from what I’ve read here. But I think a regular sport has a deeper backspace wheel. The Mojave gets a wider track from less backspace wheels, not wider axles.
A820B812-038E-42CA-BD21-0AADAEC96602.jpeg
The Rubicon, Mojave and Sport or Sport S with Max Tow all have wider d44 axles than the other models. The Mojave also has a different offset giving it a slightly wider stance, but all three have the wide d44, which allow for additional clearance running wider tires on stock wheels. No spacers needed on any of these models.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
I have BFG 37x12.5 on my stock Rubicon wheels. Now that it's lifted, my steering stabilizer is the limiting factor, steering stops are as far out as they can go without pulling the stabilizer past its travel length. I have plenty of room.

Prior to the lift, I definitely had rub, but only on the lower control arms at full turn, and adjusted the steering stops to compensate: no spacers needed (or wanted)