First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job
How would you recommend using the Billiebars to carry 2 fishing kayaks (10.6 ft long, 36 in wide). I'll be using a bed extender to hold the kayaks overhang.
I could be crazy, but it seems like having the cross bars high enough to clear the top of the roof with the traditional Thule or other brand of rooftop kayak holder clamped to them would work? Our recreational kayaks are 10’ as well so there would be 2-3’ sticking out past the rearmost crossbar with a similar amount over the cabin area? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sponsored

OP
OP
BillieBars

BillieBars

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (white)
Occupation
Sutherland
I currently have a very similar set up as your billybars and it works great but I really like how solid your design is (higher weight capacity, solid rails).

Could the billybars be converted to a thumb screw or is there only room for a standard hex bolt. My main concern is the ability to quickly remove the bars without tools.
Hey! You could absolutely use thumb screws in place of the security bolts - we could get these for you, if needed as well.

OP
OP
BillieBars

BillieBars

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sutherland
Very interested if these will work with the factory hard trifold as well!
Morning! We don't have any direct experience with that cover yet - our brackets are 3/16" thick, so you could always mock up a piece of thicker cardboard to see if it would fit (you may need some weather stripping after they're installed) - or send us pics of inside of the bed, and how the cover attaches and we'll try to offer some insight [email protected].

sl009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Hey Guys! We're a relatively new sponsor (3 months) to the forum. We're super pumped about the Gladiator customers we have now, and we wanted to share our products- if you've heard of us, great. If not, check us out! We appreciate the support and are excited to be part of this community!

We developed BillieBars as an off road solution for people who were looking for really strong, durable bed bars that are compatible with most tonneau covers. Our static load capability is 1000 #'s - and the best part is installation is achievable by one person in about 20 minutes.

Some of the details of the BillieBars:

• RTV in the nooks of the brackets where where water could potentially build up and lead to rust
    • also makes for an awesome "flush feeling" when you drop the bars into the brackets
  • Helicoil inserts on the bars, so the threads wont wear out when you take the bars on and off
  • Total weight of the system is 46 lbs
  • Universal clamping system available if your Gladiator does not have a track system
  • Anodized aluminum bars that will never rust
  • 3 year warranty on the powder coated steel brackets
  • Molle panel accessory allowing for mounting of recovery boards, high lift jacks, gear bags, rotopax, and more
  • INCREDIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE
Feel free to email us with any questions - [email protected]

-Bill and Nate

bluegladiatormolle-jpg.jpg

deathvalley-jpg.jpg

redgladiator-jpg.jpg

bluemollerotopax-jpg.jpg

gladiatorrollingcover-jpg.jpg

deathvalleysnow-jpeg.jpg

bracketcloseupuniversalclamp-jpg.jpg

icefishinggladiator-jpg.jpg
What size/kind of tires are on that blue Gladiator? Looks sharp. Also would be interested to see if this works with the mopar tri fold tonneau cover.

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Maybe I’m stating the obvious, but it appears the bars can be adjusted forward/backward. move it to just in front of the first panel on the trifold, and it would allow you to open it like a trunk lid. Obviously the rack would need to be removed to open completely.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
The more I look at these, the more I like them.

Some questions/comments:
  1. What is the dimension from the top of the BillieBar crossbars to the top of the Gladiator roof? From the top of the crossbar to the top of the bedside cap?
  2. Is my assumption that the uprights can be moved to whatever position we want correct?
  3. Other than the accessories already on your website, are there other accessories planned?
  4. On your product page for the Gladiator, there is a legacy reference to the "Tacoma bed rail system" under "Uprights". Might want to change that before you offend every Jeep owner. :LOL: ;)

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/Max Tow
@BillieBars - Like another person mentioned, if you all had a set of bars that could be elevated slightly above the hardtop to hold surfboards, kayaks, SUP's, etc (don't need it to hold 1,000 pounds), AND that worked with most bed covers, then you'd have a new customer.

I've been looking for that solution for about 11 months now, and can't find anything that works.

OP
OP
BillieBars

BillieBars

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sutherland
What size/kind of tires are on that blue Gladiator? Looks sharp. Also would be interested to see if this works with the mopar tri fold tonneau cover.
Morning! Tires are Toyo RT 33 x 12.50 x 18 - we don't have any direct experience with the Gladiator and the mopar tri fold -you could email us some pictures ([email protected]) or mock up a piece of carboard 5.5" wide (our brackets are 3/16" thick) to see the fitment. Let us know if you have any questions!

OP
OP
BillieBars

BillieBars

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sutherland
Morning! Tires are Toyo RT 33 x 12.50 x 18 - we don't have any direct experience with the Gladiator and the mopar tri fold -you could email us some pictures ([email protected]) or mock up a piece of carboard 5.5" wide (our brackets are 3/16" thick) to see the fitment. Let us know if you have any questions!

Sponsored

OP
OP
BillieBars

BillieBars

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sutherland
@BillieBars - Like another person mentioned, if you all had a set of bars that could be elevated slightly above the hardtop to hold surfboards, kayaks, SUP's, etc (don't need it to hold 1,000 pounds), AND that worked with most bed covers, then you'd have a new customer.

I've been looking for that solution for about 11 months now, and can't find anything that works.
We hear you loud and clear -we have a design for this but haven't rolled it out yet. Out of curiosity, what kind of load capability would you require? Thanks!

OP
OP
BillieBars

BillieBars

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sutherland
The more I look at these, the more I like them.

Some questions/comments:
  1. What is the dimension from the top of the BillieBar crossbars to the top of the Gladiator roof? From the top of the crossbar to the top of the bedside cap?
  2. Is my assumption that the uprights can be moved to whatever position we want correct?
  3. Other than the accessories already on your website, are there other accessories planned?
  4. On your product page for the Gladiator, there is a legacy reference to the "Tacoma bed rail system" under "Uprights". Might want to change that before you offend every Jeep owner. :LOL: ;)
Hey! Great questions.

1. Roughly 15.5 inches
2. That is correct - they can easily be adjusted however far apart you need
3. Yes! We have a branded bike strap from Voile that we just got in, as well as a recovery board mount for the molle panel, and 2 different tent risers (3.5" and 6") - all should be listed on the
website here in the next week or so!
4. Oh man, that's embarrassing. Fixed!

Let us know if you need more detail on anything!

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/Max Tow
We hear you loud and clear -we have a design for this but haven't rolled it out yet. Out of curiosity, what kind of load capability would you require? Thanks!
For me, it would mainly be for surfboards, kayaks, and stand up paddle boards. I'd say having a load capacity of 200 to 300 pounds would be way than enough. Look forward to see what you guys come up with!

P.S. @BillieBars - if you need a tester, let me know! :)

TommyGp

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job
For me, it would mainly be for surfboards, kayaks, and stand up paddle boards. I'd say having a load capacity of 200 to 300 pounds would be way than enough. Look forward to see what you guys come up with!

P.S. @BillieBars - if you need a tester, let me know! :)

Kayaks are pretty light, even if bulky. Each one probably weighs 50-70 lbs at most. I would concur that if you could hit a 300 lb rating (500 for a moonshot) that would be awesome.

It might require some triangulation of the uprights to the crossbars, and maybe some ties between F&R uprights, but the solution seems pretty straightforward to me.

Instead of ties between F&R uprights, maybe a set of reinforcing legs that tie to the taller uprights and angle back down to the bed rail, attaching just like the base plates do?

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
@BillieBars I saw that you have asked twice for pictures of the inside where the trifold latches on... have you received pics yet? If not I can shoot those to you. What exactly are you looking for pictures of?
Sponsored