Occupation
Sutherland

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
BillieBars

BillieBars

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (white)
Occupation
Sutherland
Thank you. So I see that the 8” brackets have a stiffening bar under the bar bracket unlike the 5” brackets.
yeahp - two of em actually!

Sponsored

MASS_JT

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Just got my Billiebars installed! Less than 5 days from ordering I had them. I went with the 8 inch brackets with the clamp style mount to the bed. Made some adjustments to my best top trifold cover and added some adhesive foam from Home Depot around the brackets. The tonneau appears to be mostly watertight. So far I have a rhino rack ski/snowboard mount to fit a few fishing poles. FYI this rhino rack system slides right into the Billiebars, no clamp required (see pics). Thinking a platform system will go well on the other side to strap down some cargo. Might also add some bike mounts if there is room.

Overall for my initial impression I’m very happy. The Billiebars are definitely high quality and even with the bed clamp system (no trail rail) they are rock solid as I can shake the entire Jeep with them. I’ve been debating different racks and toppers for some time and this setup is low profile and allows use of a tonneau I already had.

69EEC05B-167D-4149-98EE-C16CFD298533.jpeg

7F669AD6-5E51-4EB6-8697-1C0CD6C78CF9.jpeg

6A57EEA6-5CFF-4D25-BA08-3F40AC047AAA.jpeg

OP
OP
BillieBars

BillieBars

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sutherland
Just got my Billiebars installed! Less than 5 days from ordering I had them. I went with the 8 inch brackets with the clamp style mount to the bed. Made some adjustments to my best top trifold cover and added some adhesive foam from Home Depot around the brackets. The tonneau appears to be mostly watertight. So far I have a rhino rack ski/snowboard mount to fit a few fishing poles. FYI this rhino rack system slides right into the Billiebars, no clamp required (see pics). Thinking a platform system will go well on the other side to strap down some cargo. Might also add some bike mounts if there is room.

Overall for my initial impression I’m very happy. The Billiebars are definitely high quality and even with the bed clamp system (no trail rail) they are rock solid as I can shake the entire Jeep with them. I’ve been debating different racks and toppers for some time and this setup is low profile and allows use of a tonneau I already had.

69EEC05B-167D-4149-98EE-C16CFD298533.jpeg

7F669AD6-5E51-4EB6-8697-1C0CD6C78CF9.jpeg

6A57EEA6-5CFF-4D25-BA08-3F40AC047AAA.jpeg

Geeeeez this is awesome - loving that color and we personally love the 8" racks on the gladiator! Super stoked to see this build come to life! Which ski carrier part number is that, looks so clean!?

MASS_JT

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Geeeeez this is awesome - loving that color and we personally love the 8" racks on the gladiator! Super stoked to see this build come to life! Which ski carrier part number is that, looks so clean!?
Rhino Rack #573!

Jcsii

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR / TJ / CJ5 / MB
Occupation
Elec Eng
For those with the Diamondback cover, you may run into an issue with the center section clamping down and causing the ends to not seal well. I ended up putting a 13" long piece of 2" angle under the center section with a similar thickness to the mounts. Worked out pretty well. Before there was way too much gap at the front and back. Happy with the setup now.

angle.jpg

spacer.jpg

rack.jpg

Sponsored

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
How much do the 8" bars weigh (for a complete set of 2 crossbars and legs)?

Thanks.

OP
OP
BillieBars

BillieBars

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sutherland
Sweeet! Shoot us a message or email if you need anything else!

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Last question, just to make sure ... I have the Rugged Ridge Armis hard rolling tonneau cover and Builtright Industries cargo rail system. Will those work with the 8" bars?
Sponsored