OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Bring wrenches and we can pop it off.
Is everyone down for the gulches? Several of them. Good challenge and our stock friends can do it too. I have a friend from Chicago tagging along and his girlfriend from Japan. She has never been wheeling in the rockies.

I bought a cheap Pittsburgh 150 psi Harbor Freight air compressor this week. Testing it out today before heading out to stuff myself on turkey but should be good for one or two uses.

Adding a sway bar quick disconnect to the list of upgrades since I never thought about it before. Doesnā€™t look very hard to disconnect them manually and reconnect them from what Iā€™m seeing but definitely see the appeal of the quick disconnects!
Sponsored

Stsdroog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2020 JT Rubicon, 2021 JT Rubicon
As the self proclaimed newbie as long as stock will make it Iā€™m good. Donā€™t think Iā€™ll be fording any deep water at the moment. Cascade seems to be about an hour and a half away which works for me but Iā€™m down for something else.

Depending on the time tomorrow my girlfriend may ride with me as sheā€™s been wanting me to take her on a trail since sheā€™s never really done one before.
Is everyone down for the gulches? Several of them. Good challenge and our stock friends can do it too. I have a friend from Chicago tagging along and his girlfriend from Japan. She has never been wheeling in the rockies.
I'm in. I talked my wife into coming with. She'll be in her stock JTR and has moderate experience wheeling.

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I'm hearing Metberry from a few. What time are we meeting?
Discussion is that Metberry is good for newbies. Stock Jeep will be safe and good to learn on.

Metberry looks good. I haven't been down there in ages.

Offroadnewbie

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Metberry works. Its just over 3 hours for me to get to the trailhead but its doable. Usually for me the earlier the better but if my girlfriend comes I'll need to detour into Denver to grab her which will add a little bit of time.

Stsdroog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2020 JT Rubicon, 2021 JT Rubicon
I'm about 2.5-3 hours out depending on what side of Cedar mt rd we meet up on. So mid day works out for me.

Sponsored

Offroadnewbie

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
What ever time is decided let me know and Iā€™ll make it work

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
I am being told meet up at trail head at 8:30 am.

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/colorado/metberry-gulch-4x4-road

Springs crew. Rudy's BBQ off 24 at 07:00.
Run GMRS if you have it. Channel 15. We can have some wiggle room on the 8:30am trail head as people will need to air down etc. See you in the morning. I'll check this before I head to Rudy's. Everyone is welcome to go. We will put newbies in the middle of the pack for safety. Ideally @FR33DOM will run point as he has done this trail a few times. Please respond if you are committed. I'll get a head count and do one at the trail head.

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
I am being told meet up at trail head at 8:30 am.

Springs crew. Rudy's BBQ off 24 at 07:00.
Run GMRS if you have it. Channel 15. We can have some wiggle room on the 8:30am trail head as people will need to air down etc. See you in the morning. I'll check this before I head to Rudy's. Everyone is welcome to go. We will put newbies in the middle of the pack for safety. Ideally @FR33DOM will run point as he has done this trail a few times. Please respond if you are committed. I'll get a head count and do one at the trail head.
See you at 7!

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Ohh man 7 would be doable if it was a bit closer. Enjoy your trip folks. Iā€™ll be headed up to Idaho springs area mid day.
Well if it is faster for you you can meet us 8:30 at the trailhead. But Colorado Sorings meeting at Rudyā€™s at 7 :)

Sponsored

Offroadnewbie

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
I should be able to make the trail head at 8:30. Girlfriend forgot she has an appointment at 10am so it will just be me.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have many wrenches. Always. :)

Iā€™m shooting for trailhead at 8:30 as Iā€™m coming from the opposite direction. Will turn on radio when I get close.

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
heading out!

Offroadnewbie

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Just walked in my door. Thanks for the fun day everyone. Now time to reheat some leftovers and relax!

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
Quite the adventure. Snow had Metberry closed. We opted for Schubarth. Got to wheel in snow.
Had two winch pulls. If anyone has video of @Summitdan and his self recovery, please post up.

Just walked in my door. Thanks for the fun day everyone. Now time to reheat some leftovers and relax!
IMG_9529.jpg

IMG_9530.jpg

IMG_9535.jpg

IMG_9532.jpg

IMG_9531.jpg

IMG_9537.jpg
Sponsored