Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Been awhile since I posted in this thread although Ive followed it since I joined the forum. But excited to have finally "fully" completed the black out look on my Overland with the arrival of my new wheels (which nobody has yet might I add, except the few lucky promotional testers). Black Rhino Barrage - Matte Black. Loving the look.

7CFEEBAA-F5F2-4065-94B5-19B21792A775.jpeg

89682A72-9F8B-493D-A106-5F3B8BB20FB7.jpeg
Sponsored

leopardprey

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Martial Arts Teacher /Semi-Retired
Anyone regret getting a Black JT? Scratches/ dirt unbearable? Or just adds to the character? Look better with non painted, standard fenders/hardtop? Much mirror effect?

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone regret getting a Black JT? Scratches/ dirt unbearable? Or just adds to the character? Look better with non painted, standard fenders/hardtop? Much mirror effect?
Part of me wishes I hadn't got black but it's just so sleek looking. My wife and oldest son have black cars so when I got the JT figured I'd stay the same. Plus I only like neutral colors anyway. But man the dirt and scratches. Mine are very minimal considering but I've probably put more on myself just from the abundance of cleaning so often cause everything else shows. But when it is cleaned up black looks so damn good.

Overall I'm a fan of matching fenders/hard top though regardless of color. But I will say out of all colors, black doesn't look bad with the non paint matched hard top considering they're also black. Any other color I'd probably have painted matched hard top though. Now painted fenders I think is a must regardless the color.

loganjeeps

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon, 96 Chevy 3500, 89 XJ (project)
I've owned a lot of black vehicles and in Georgia the heat is noticeably worse, so that's one admitted and definite downside in sunny states to black.

I'm a huge fan of painted fenders and top, more so on black cars than not. Eventually the unpainted fenders will lighten with age and get gray. It's less noticeable on other colors but stands out like a sore thumb to me on a black rig.

I'm on the hunt for a good ceramic coating plus 3M film protection on the front. Once I get it done I'll post resuls here but I think it will help keep it looking cleaner.

Sponsored

AMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '19 GSXR750, '05 S2000
Occupation
LEO, Realtor
I go 1-2mos between washes, no biggie, gives it character.

Scratches, I was super careful for the first year or so, but then I started going Jeeping with passengers who enjoy it and all of a sudden the scratches didn't mean quite as much haha. Nothing major a good detailer can't buff out, I did more damage by removing & replacing the roof myself.

I rented a Gladi Rubicon a couple years ago that had unpainted roof & fenders, never been a fan. So when I ordered mine a few weeks after I made sure to order with painted panels and love it no matter what color vehicle it is.

The only 'regret' I probably have is the color. At the time, I hated the Gladiator for that stupid fill panel under the rear door as I was originally going to order a Wrangler until I rented a Gladi and saw that my bike more/less fits so truck it was. EVERYONE around me said to order Snazzberry, and I was interested in Raptor's at the time in their version of the color yet I ordered black to hide that fill panel Tried changing the color 2 days after submitting but was told too late. Now Snazz is gone, I was tempted to order a Gobi when those came back out but missed that window too. Oh well, black it is! Less than 2yrs in, just shy of 50k.

Rental
JEEP.jpg

Mine
1080-My-21-Gladiator-Rubicon-Tint-001.jpg

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 1500 Custom/Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Occupation
Retired for now!
Well, I started out cleaning off the bugs off the windshield, then the grill, then the next thing I know, I have a clean and shiny JT! No trail pics, just driveway pics for now!!!
Jeep Gladiator BLACK Gladiator JT Club IMG_3279
Jeep Gladiator BLACK Gladiator JT Club IMG_3277

Zhmichel

First Name
zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator overland
Occupation
Military
New jeep owner, loving it so far!
Overland
No crazy modifications yet
Only fox 2.5” with 35” nittos
Eventually hoping to find a decent steel front/rear bumper.

Wife, kids and pup loves it so i’m happy!

IMG_4508.jpeg

IMG_5170.jpeg

IMG_4649.jpeg

Sponsored

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
New jeep owner, loving it so far!
Overland
No crazy modifications yet
Only fox 2.5” with 35” nittos
Eventually hoping to find a decent steel front/rear bumper.

Wife, kids and pup loves it so i’m happy!

Jeep Gladiator BLACK Gladiator JT Club IMG_4649

Cute Frenchi...here's mine on a gas run. I think he wanted to drive.

Jeep Gladiator BLACK Gladiator JT Club 20220928_202622
Jeep Gladiator BLACK Gladiator JT Club 20220928_202636
Jeep Gladiator BLACK Gladiator JT Club 20220928_202654

PatsFan

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Supply Chain
It always looks dirty to me and I keep it fairly clean. I actually own to black vehicles and swear to never again.

Side note I have taken less care of my freedom panels because they were black 'plastic' compared to my JKU's painted panels. I wouldn't say its a good thing but just notable between the two.

I had a tinted windshield for awhile that helped with the reflection. Just had it replaced 2 weeks ago from a winter rock/ crack. It is definitely brighter with the summer sun bouncing off the hood now.

Reddout99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 80th Anniversary JT Sport S
Occupation
Cad Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up my Black 80A a couple weeks ago. Found this one and it had everything done to it that I would have. 2" Mopar lift, 35s, tinted front windows. Saved me a bunch of $$. Added a pair of take off Mojave rock rails and some 1.75" wheel spacers. I think I'm good to go (for now) Its just a DD.

IMG_20230716_133408237.jpg

IMG_20230716_133357416.jpg
Sponsored