Threads
Reaction score
Website
christykintzel.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Alu-Cab Canopy Camper
Occupation
visual designer
I got it!! All I had to do was beat on the bolts with a rubber mallet a couple of good thwacks, then the threads caught and I could ratchet them tight. Breaker bar for a few extra turns, and done! Feels so good. Cliff notes for anyone else installing sliders and having trouble getting the (center) body mount bolts back in: beat them with a rubber mallet.
Sponsored

jdjohnson50

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Sting Gray
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
I got it!! All I had to do was beat on the bolts with a rubber mallet a couple of good thwacks, then the threads caught and I could ratchet them tight. Breaker bar for a few extra turns, and done! Feels so good. Cliff notes for anyone else installing sliders and having trouble getting the (center) body mount bolts back in: beat them with a rubber mallet.
I was having this problem with both the middle body bolt nuts. I skeptically read the above and thought “Yeah, riiiiight...”

Well, damned if this didn’t work first time on both sides. Thanks teamblkdog!

c1freitas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017rubicon
This saved me some serious aggravation. Just wish I had read it a hour earlier, it would have saved me more. Thanks!
Sponsored