First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
I have an 08 JKUR with LOD frame mounts rails that I have beat the piss out of over the last 8 years. Just bought a JTRD and so far have been a little underwhelmed with the frame mount options for good rails for the JT. Looking at Shrockworks, Rustys, and VKS for frame mounts so far any others that I'm missing?

Also half-considering body mount options from Mopar, ARB, ATP, EVO. Does anyone here have anything good or bad to say about the body mount units on the JT? I'm looking for someone who can say they've wheeled hard and dropped their truck onto the rails a time or three. If I go body mount, I will likely add skins for extra protection.
Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
OP
OP
willhonkforparts

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
OP
OP
willhonkforparts

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing

Sponsored

OngsterA

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge Rubicon
Occupation
Software Security
Anybody has the Ironman 4x4 linked to above and have some feedbacks from crawling performance? Thx

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I prefer the body mount sliders, particularly Rock Hard. There would be a lot of leverage on the frame with frame mounts--the frame is pretty far inboard, and is thin. It relies on its shape, a box, for strength, not material thickness.

OngsterA

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge Rubicon
Occupation
Software Security
I prefer the body mount sliders, particularly Rock Hard. There would be a lot of leverage on the frame with frame mounts--the frame is pretty far inboard, and is thin. It relies on its shape, a box, for strength, not material thickness.
Interesting, good points. I thought frame mounted will be stronger, and body mounted has more flex when weight is put on those sliders, either way leverage is there.

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
vks "sentrty" rock sliders is what i got,welded on by Tribe 16's shitty ass welds on my new truck :clap:

the sliders look amazing and function really well,lots of people have hit my slider with their door and its amazing to see peoples reactions when they scream at me of how its my fault they slammed their door on my truck when they recklessly swing their doors lol :LOL:

have i used them offroad were i actually need to slide off of something? no
i have used them to jack up my truck though and so far they handle the weight of the truck without the sliders bending (they do but they pop back up to shape :D
Jeep Gladiator Body vs frame mount sliders Screenshot_20210901-114335_Video Player

Jeep Gladiator Body vs frame mount sliders 20210901_140131

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Theyā€™re pricey, but next venture motorsports has some super solid sliders.

Sponsored

OngsterA

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge Rubicon
Occupation
Software Security
Theyā€™re pricey, but next venture motorsports has some super solid sliders.
Without looking at the details what can you say about them, how they mount, stress points, etc?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely frame mount. Iā€™d expect to find no weak points on these. Theyā€™re built for maximum protection while not losing ground clearance. I have other skids from them, but due to little ones, ended up going with RSE steps. Not as strong as next venture by far, but I needed steps. I think the install guide is on their site, and should answer all questions. They angle up and hug the body, but I donā€™t think the mount to the body. Hereā€™s the link.

https://nextventuremotorsports.com/...t-rock-sliders-frame-mounted-rimrocker-series

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '24 Model X Plaid
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
I run Metalcloak Overland Rockers w/Flipsteps. They have taken a beating. They are scraped up and even bent a bit, but they have held up well. Body mount with larger hardware provided for part. You can drill a larger hole to use the larger hardware or use factory.

Here is one example of them at work that we caught on vid. This was Cliffhanger in Moab.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Ouch. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d want that much force put on body mount sliders. I love Moab though. Just made me want to do cliffhanger.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I run Metalcloak Overland Rockers w/Flipsteps. They have taken a beating. They are scraped up and even bent a bit, but they have held up well. Body mount with larger hardware provided for part. You can drill a larger hole to use the larger hardware or use factory.

Here is one example of them at work that we caught on vid. This was Cliffhanger in Moab.

How is cliffhanger btw? Have you done poison spider? How do they compare in difficulty? Iā€™m going in May with a couple forum members and weā€™re in the process of picking trails. Iā€™m lifted on 37ā€™s, but theirs are less modded at this point. Iā€™m suggesting Fins to start, as theyā€™re new to Moab. But was thinking maybe steel bender and/or cliffhanger as well.
Sponsored