• Total voters

tjbrown23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
What's everyone's experience with either the s-type or atak from Borla? I was originally thinking the s-type but fear it won't be as loud or have enough growl. Do you guys have any sound clips or normal driving videos? Hard to know how normal driving will sound like when every video is 0-60 redline runs. I fear the s-type will be too tame with normal driving.
Sponsored

PaulRubi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Songwriter/Producer
my Touring arrives today. i’ll post a clip when it’s on. i have an S-type on my M3 which is honestly more reasonable sounding than i expected but still makes noise. but i want that v8 to sing a little more than the jeep v6, hence choosing touring.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Only vids ive seen for the borla is from borla on youtube where they do all 3 back to back. Imo, if you want it loud all the time, go ATAK

OP
OP

tjbrown23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only vids ive seen for the borla is from borla on youtube where they do all 3 back to back. Imo, if you want it loud all the time, go ATAK
Yeah I would just like to know the rpm ranges and sound level. I have a manual transmission and rarely get above 4k rpm whereas the automatic is shiting near redline when accelerating hard. From what I hear is the borla's are toned down at lower rpms. I just don't want to spend the time and money on something that is negligible over stock at lower rpms or something that is obnoxiously loud. I think it's a crapshoot with exhausts unless you have a big v8 hemi then it all sounds good lol

MoparDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR manual /2023 ZLE manual /2018 Demon #1399
Yeah I would just like to know the rpm ranges and sound level. I have a manual transmission and rarely get above 4k rpm whereas the automatic is shiting near redline when accelerating hard. From what I hear is the borla's are toned down at lower rpms. I just don't want to spend the time and money on something that is negligible over stock at lower rpms or something that is obnoxiously loud. I think it's a crapshoot with exhausts unless you have a big v8 hemi then it all sounds good lol

Sponsored

PaulRubi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Songwriter/Producer
Touring is installed. Sounds almost identical to stock. Tiny growl outside the truck but silent in cabin. If you want noise this aint it.

OP
OP

tjbrown23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touring is installed. Sounds almost identical to stock. Tiny growl outside the truck but silent in cabin. If you want noise this aint it.
Thanks for the update! Sorry, if that wasn't what you were looking for. I ended up changing my order to the atak from the s-type. I figured go big or go home lol I'll post some videos when I get it installed.

PaulRubi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Songwriter/Producer
Thanks for the update! Sorry, if that wasn't what you were looking for. I ended up changing my order to the atak from the s-type. I figured go big or go home lol I'll post some videos when I get it installed.
no I like it! I'd rather be surprised with it being quieter than expected than louder haha

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

eugene4eva

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Just installed my Climber Atak today.
Sounds great!
Way better than stock ofcourse. I still wish it was even louder though.
I had borla atak on my 987.2 s as well and it too sounded awsome.
Sponsored