First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
So you mean something smaller so that it can drive around the tree instead of through it?

Plus side about the bigger size, maybe they will clear trails and make them bigger for all of us haha.
lol no I just mean you should expect that anyways so it comes with the territory. I personally will cringe at any dent and scratch but that’s just my OCD.
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
lol no I just mean you should expect that anyways so it comes with the territory. I personally will cringe at any dent and scratch but that’s just my OCD.
I didn't say I was personally driving down those in anything new. I'd be crying if it goes through the clear coat.

I can deal with light pin stripping that I can buff out or scratches on the black plastic since that seems to scratch if I look at it wrong. But dents, man I'd need to have something I didn't pay 60k for to be ok with that lol

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I didn't say I was personally driving down those in anything new. I'd be crying if it goes through the clear coat.

I can deal with light pin stripping that I can buff out or scratches on the black plastic since that seems to scratch if I look at it wrong. But dents, man I'd need to have something I didn't pay 60k for to be ok with that lol
I'm with you. The first thing I do after any trail ride is a full detail. That means many a Sunday spent washing, buffing, and cleaning under the hood and frame. I touch up the skid plates and anywhere on the frame where needed. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm not ok with dents and I'm not ok with scratches. I don't mind dirt at all. But I cringe at any slight body damage. Scratches on the plastic black fenders don't bother me as much either (that why I chose one with those), but any painted material needs to remain scratch free. I'm ceramic coated, and I know my way around a DA buffer/polisher.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical

Lol I know me too, I’m just saying online if you talk about a Bronco or a Jeep and scratches or dents, the common reply is, “it’s an off road vehicle, maybe you should buy something else?”

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Lol I know me too, I’m just saying online if you talk about a Bronco or a Jeep and scratches or dents, the common reply is, “it’s an off road vehicle, maybe you should buy something else?”
Mine is a mid-sized pickup first, one that just happens to be great if you run out of road someday.

Sponsored

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
Depends on where you wheel? Some of the trails around here are pin stripe city even in a jeep, 6 inches more and it's just tree branch city.
Oh, I didn’t realize we were worried about scratches and being clean? I’m not making fun, I just didn’t know that was a parameter. If that’s how you roll, that’s great more power to ya.

And then there’s me, who’s never even washed a single vehicle I’ve ever owned….ever.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You must not live in a place where what's on the road will rot your vehicle in 5 years............

Skdmarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave
Occupation
GM
You are entitled to your preference but I personally HATE the mirrors mounted on the door. I take my hard top off in March and usually don’t put it back on until October. We take the Gladiator on every vacation to the beach so I have a soft top and doors for wet days and travel. The passenger side mirror is worthless with the soft doors on. Like I said earlier my Gladiator isn’t going anywhere but it will have a roommate as soon as my Bronco is delivered. I added a few photos of the Gladiator doing what the Gladiator does so I cannot be accused of being a Ford fanboy.

D0E4BF59-6E9D-4317-B392-041BD8313D43.jpeg

72B00CB9-A972-45B4-BE95-485C206581EB.jpeg

CD06A4CF-352D-4864-A104-82D3A2056073.jpeg
Lol looks like mine the last couple of days my tattoo isn't as fancy

jeepinmike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I like what Ford did most with the doors. Its like you get full size and half doors all in one where Jeep you have to spend to get both and then theres the storage etc.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd have to park it wheel to wheel to see that. I see the specs online, but it sure doesn't feel that way

It *looks* really long, way longer than a Wrangler
Nope. Length and wheelbase are within a couple of inches in both 2 and 4 door variants.

mep4wd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Consultant, Retired
There is a market for the Bronco. A comparison to Jeep would be almost impossible. The vast majority of Broncos will never see the off road areas Jeep was built to conquer. The ones that dare to will be getting winched by Jeeps.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
I like what Ford did most with the doors. Its like you get full size and half doors all in one where Jeep you have to spend to get both and then theres the storage etc.
Agreed, I like frameless doors. Had them on a Subaru and now on my Supra. I don't see the need to have the extra metal on the door and they are just as quiet as a full framed door. Doors are much lighter.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, I like frameless doors. Had them on a Subaru and now on my Supra. I don't see the need to have the extra metal on the door and they are just as quiet as a full framed door. Doors are much lighter.
It's what we called "hard top" style in the last century. The only issue is that with time, the windows won't seal as well. I've owned many of that style car and as things wear or age, they are more prone to leak.
HOWEVER, I'm NOT dissing what Ford did with the ease of door removal. They blow Jeep away in that area. The wire connector, the protectors and pins they provide (no need to go to a 3rd party and buy hinge guide pins, bags and so on - Kudos FORD) The wire connector alone is a huge thing - simply slide the protector back and pull the connector apart - I betcha a big mac no Bronco owner will ever experience bent pins or poor connection issues at the door.
But my experiences on the windows (and I know why Ford did it) is that with time and pressure washes, they'll leak and experience some wind noise. Adjusting those windows after repairs and so on - pain.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
I had my Subaru for 8 years and it never leaked or suffered from wind noise. Perhaps you keep your cars longer and can speak to further out time frames better than I.

That said I never take a pressure washer to my cars. Not sure why folks do. I mean I wouldn't expect a car to seal completely from a pressure washer.

Totally agree with you on the door connector. Jeep screwed the pooch with this design. I mean they obviously thought this connector would be an improvement but real world has shown it to be less reliable than the JK era connector.
Sponsored