2021 Ford Bronco2020 Jeep Wrangler
Length190.5 in188.4 in
Wheelbase116.1 in118.4 in
Width76.3 in73.8 in
Front / rear track65 / 65 in62.9 / 62.9 in
Height73.9 in74.0 in
Towing capacity3,500 pounds3,500 pounds
Payload capacity1,370 pounds1,351 pounds

So...Bronco is a whopping 2.1 inches longer, a huge 2.5 inches wider, and also .1 inches shorter.

Yep. Definitely a full size. No comparison whatsoever to the "mid size" Wrangler.
girls will tell you that 2.5” is significant

that’s body width, from there it’s worse on the plump ford, the 35” tire ones with the fenders etc. They are the same size as OJ’s getaway vehicle, many can make jeeps fatter with the offset wheels but for when you want to be skinny and use positive offset wheels and remain midsize the jeep is still a jeep, the ford is a puffy pretender in a different class...mid-fat class
Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I got one parked next to my gladiator in the garage. I don’t really care if it’s a little puffy. It’s hella fun to drive. The gladiator has some areas where it beats it, and it beats the gladiator in other areas.

I’m going to measure the width of both, since both are on 35s. I’m running stock wheels, so they are tucked up under the fenders.

1E7BEB97-F356-48ED-8602-BBC0B60F0E6F.jpeg

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I got one parked next to my gladiator in the garage. I don’t really care if it’s a little puffy. It’s hella fun to drive. The gladiator has some areas where it beats it, and it beats the gladiator in other areas.

I’m going to measure the width of both, since both are on 35s. I’m running stock wheels, so they are tucked up under the fenders.

Jeep Gladiator Bronco is fullsize - no comparison 1E7BEB97-F356-48ED-8602-BBC0B60F0E6F
This will be us once Ford gets their act together and builds our 2 door badlands! They are a blast to drive, so is the gladiator. Anyone who tries to knock the Bronco is just a sad, salty old man stuck in their ways. I’ll never understand brand loyalty, if it’s cool, I like it.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
How are we still on this?

The end result is that the bronco looks way wider because the jeep width counts fenders which are much larger (especially in the front) than the broncos so it looks much skinnier.If you look at them head on the bronco looks huge comparitvely because it's a big box.

Also the ones seeing are probably sasquatch which is a nearly 80 inch truck. Ford quotes the width on the base bronco which has the small tucked tires and small flares, add in the big tires wider track and bigger flares and you are about 6 inches wider than a Rubicon that also looks thinner because of the tapered hood.

Not a huge difference but if you park a sas bronco next to an f150 they will be within about an inch of each other so the bronco sure will look full size.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
How are we still on this?

The end result is that the bronco looks way wider because the jeep width counts fenders which are much larger (especially in the front) than the broncos so it looks much skinnier.If you look at them head on the bronco looks huge comparitvely because it's a big box.

Also the ones seeing are probably sasquatch which is a nearly 80 inch truck. Ford quotes the width on the base bronco which has the small tucked tires and small flares, add in the big tires wider track and bigger flares and you are about 6 inches wider than a Rubicon that also looks thinner because of the tapered hood.

Not a huge difference but if you park a sas bronco next to an f150 they will be within about an inch of each other so the bronco sure will look full size.
I dunno OP keeps bumping it, blame him.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
No salt here, I could care less what brand does what. I only care about trucks with manual transmissions so I thought if they make one from that platform there may be another option with manual transmission one day. I was let down immediately as the gladiator is already at the larger end of mid size spectrum and was my upper limit in most dimensions. A truck version of this bronco would be a waste, just get a half ton. It would be about the size of a chev half ton or even their own f-150...the ram is the porkchop of those now, the classics not as bad.

As I said I’m sure it’s a nice vehicle but it does not compare or compete with a Jeep Wrangler which is what they went after. They failed. Too big, and no solid front axle. The needed to undercut it dimensionally and get that axle right. Huge oversight imo, there’s enough Raptors running around already, build something smaller and tougher and more capable than the Jeep Wrangler and you would have stood a chance at working your way into that world...but ford screwed the pooch.

OP
OP

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
Because the OP is right lol

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
No salt here, I could care less what brand does what. I only care about trucks with manual transmissions so I thought if they make one from that platform there may be another option with manual transmission one day. I was let down immediately as the gladiator is already at the larger end of mid size spectrum and was my upper limit in most dimensions. A truck version of this bronco would be a waste, just get a half ton. It would be about the size of a chev half ton or even their own f-150...the ram is the porkchop of those now, the classics not as bad.

As I said I’m sure it’s a nice vehicle but it does not compare or compete with a Jeep Wrangler which is what they went after. They failed. Too big, and no solid front axle. The needed to undercut it dimensionally and get that axle right. Huge oversight imo, there’s enough Raptors running around already, build something smaller and tougher and more capable than the Jeep Wrangler and you would have stood a chance at working your way into that world...but ford screwed the pooch.
K. You’re still wrong and until you have an unbiased opinion based on fact you’re spreading ignorance all over the internet.

Jeep Gladiator Bronco is fullsize - no comparison 1635173690932

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter

The Bronco does not compare or compete with a Wrangler, but you compare it to a Raptor?

Your wants and needs are not the same as the majority. Nobody wants manual transmissions or solid front axles anymore.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The Bronco does not compare or compete with a Wrangler, but you compare it to a Raptor?

Your wants and needs are not the same as the majority. Nobody wants manual transmissions or solid front axles anymore.
Dunno - just read an article about a car that is ONLY available with a manual transmission. They seem to be making a comeback in some places.

Sponsored

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4

Majority, definitely not, but I can assure you, plenty of us only want manuals, and I suspect an even larger portion want the solid axels, and buy these vehicles in large part for either of those reasons. Me? IFS is fine, but the manual was what made it happen.

But, yes, on everything else, I've posted in this thread before and shocked still going, OP is wrong on a lot of points.

Anyway, back to Gladiator mid sized truck news............................

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Dunno - just read an article about a car that is ONLY available with a manual transmission. They seem to be making a comeback in some places.
Honestly, for me, I realized I had to buy one before they are damn gone forever!!! With the entire world going electric, I simply wanted one before I couldn't. Look forward to teaching my son to drive it to, even if it's a "useless" skill in a few years. Dunno, it's all I ever knew growing up and how I learned to drive.

Plus, I just love driving them

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
girls will tell you that 2.5” is significant

that’s body width, from there it’s worse on the plump ford, the 35” tire ones with the fenders etc. They are the same size as OJ’s getaway vehicle, many can make jeeps fatter with the offset wheels but for when you want to be skinny and use positive offset wheels and remain midsize the jeep is still a jeep, the ford is a puffy pretender in a different class...mid-fat class
Are you under the impression the Xtreme Recon wrangler isn't going to be wider too?

Let me let you in on a little hint:
Bronco Sasquatch tires: 315/70R17
Wrangler Xtreme tires: 315/70R17

Fatter tires need less offset to fit.

You claim over and over to be non-biased because you are "right"... that's not how bias works. Belief in oneself does not magically un-bias clearly biased positions.

The Wrangler and the Bronco are direct competition. a couple inches of width wont change that.
If you're a troll you're doing a wonderful job. If you're not a troll than you may be an idiot.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Honestly, for me, I realized I had to buy one before they are damn gone forever!!! With the entire world going electric, I simply wanted one before I couldn't. Look forward to teaching my son to drive it to, even if it's a "useless" skill in a few years. Dunno, it's all I ever knew growing up and how I learned to drive.

Plus, I just love driving them
I'm having a blast with my manual Rubicon. We just did Gold Mountain Trail, a badge of honor trail in Big Bear, with plenty of rock crawling and the manual Rubicon did great. I have 37's, 3.5" lift, & 5:13s; and granny gear with fully locked up axles just goes like a tank over the big rocks, no clutching required, just tapping the gas pedal and letting off over and over again -- it practically stops in granny gear when you let off anyway -- the gearing is fantastic with this combo. Performance is also fantastic, stop light to stop light is impressive.
Sponsored