Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I had my Subaru for 8 years and it never leaked or suffered from wind noise. Perhaps you keep your cars longer and can speak to further out time frames better than I.

That said I never take a pressure washer to my cars. Not sure why folks do. I mean I wouldn't expect a car to seal completely from a pressure washer.

Totally agree with you on the door connector. Jeep screwed the pooch with this design. I mean they obviously thought this connector would be an improvement but real world has shown it to be less reliable than the JK era connector.
As technologies and designs change and hopefully improve - I can't speak to the MODERN versions like your Subaru. So I'm referring back to, say, 2005 and prior, especially prior. Back then I had one about 5 years old that had "issues". So likely we're dealing with granny smith vs. yellow delicious - apples to apples, but different versions LOL.

I take my stuff through hand-wash car washes with their pressure wands. I don't do automatic washes - the sit in your vehicle - no matter the type. I've not had any modern vehicle leak and once I go over older vehicles (restorations) they either won't leak at all, or there may be a couple droplets track down the inside of the door glass.
Otherwise, at home it's hose nozzle or the lower pressure nozzles on my pressure washer.

Bronco nailed it on the door connector - blasted it out of the park. Jeep seems to have ordered those connectors to be as complex and multi-step as was possible. If that's the sort of connector used by SpaceX, god help those poor people up there..........
I haven't personally had trouble with mine (maybe I should insert the word 'yet' in there) but the need for the latching mechanism that is more like what you see on Star Trek TNG when they uncouple their deflector dish or something. I mean seriously? A latch and locks a latch and then pull this and that - and oh, there's a college course on disconnecting that thing - and that's after your high school course on getting the covers off to get to them.

Lets test something - FORD? Is that you? Are you looking at any of this? If so, please send me a message. I'd bet you are watching this exact thread (and laughing). Come on, Ford -reveal your user name here.
Sponsored

Davekayc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 diesel
Occupation
Roadbuilder
Jeep you can push a tree down with your front tire. Bronco can cave in its front corner on one. I’m sure they know what theyre doing though

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I’m on the Bronco6G forum too and the crybaby whining is the worst I e ever seen. What is Ford supposed to do shut dow the assembly line and send all of those workers home while they replace the hard tops? I believe Ford see build and assemble as two different things. If your rig was scheduled to be assembled the schedule didn’t change.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
Oh boy, just saw another new bronco on the road, 35" tire model and hard top...had a tastefully lifted four runner behind me with proper offset wheels, and my lifted JT on 37's with proper offset wheels and we were definitely mid-size vehicles....that bronco rolled around the corner in front of us and looked like it just spent a month on the couch eating supersize big mac combos, definitely more full-size than mid-size. Get a white one and run it down the freeway with a bunch of cops behind it and it robert is your fathers brother. ;)

Fluffy Pretender.

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Rumors of Ford changing up the dealership allocation formula for 2022 Broncos....shit is about to get real over there if this is true.

tldr: lots of early reservation holders are getting screwed over in favor of lot stock for big volume Ford dealers.

I've been waiting 10 weeks for a JT factory order, every time I think I have it bad I take a look at a few threads over there. Yes, the whining gets out of hand but there's no doubt that the full size Bronco rollout has been a shitshow to say the least.

Larry D

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator on order
Yeah but it's hard not to see the irony of people idolizing the hardcore Jeep while pissing on the Bronco. That same Jeeps that frequently have full-width Dana 60 axles that make them wider than the "too wide" Bronco. Or that have so much work done to them they resemble no Jeep that has existed at any point in history.

The Bronco is enough for 95% of the market and for that top 5%, there's welders and there's a massive aftermarket. At the point you're doing full axle swaps on a Jeep, I can guarantee there will be full SAS kits for the Bronco as well within a year.
Full width dana 60 on a jeep or buggy go over obstacles much better than body panels.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Saw a Real Bronco in the wild. 4 Door. 35s. Climbed up Mini Moab with a spotter. Did what a JT on 35s would do. Pretty impressed. It dragged a lot. JT on 37s no contest. CJ on 33s, whupped it.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Saw a Real Bronco in the wild. 4 Door. 35s. Climbed up Mini Moab with a spotter. Did what a JT on 35s would do. Pretty impressed. It dragged a lot. JT on 37s no contest. CJ on 33s, whupped it.
There's a couple "real" broncos around my town. A black one and a blue one. I'm also starting to see them out in my travels more often.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fastwake

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am also a total FORD TRUCK FANATIC but just had to have a Jeep Gladiator lifted with 35s I have had many many F150s and F 250s. But I totally LOVE MY GLADIATOR

DrFalken

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Made a quick stop by the Ford assembly plant on my way to pick up a Rubicon yesterday. Had an order in for a 2 door. Bronco Badlands with the Sasquatch and then they axed my color and who knows when my dealer will get allocation. As a Ford shareholder I wish they would have pulled this off. After a day of driving my JT I have no regrets other than I wish it came with 40s.

IMG_20211019_222533.jpg

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Culinary Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Oh boy, just saw another new bronco on the road, 35" tire model and hard top...had a tastefully lifted four runner behind me with proper offset wheels, and my lifted JT on 37's with proper offset wheels and we were definitely mid-size vehicles....that bronco rolled around the corner in front of us and looked like it just spent a month on the couch eating supersize big mac combos, definitely more full-size than mid-size. Get a white one and run it down the freeway with a bunch of cops behind it and it robert is your fathers brother. ;)

Fluffy Pretender.
Are you still on about the Bronco being "full size"?

Width w/o mirrors:
- JT 73.8"
- Bronco 75.9"
- F150 79.9"

Bronco lives rent free in your head, my man.

OP
OP

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
Are you still on about the Bronco being "full size"?

Width w/o mirrors:
- JT 73.8"
- Bronco 75.9"
- F150 79.9"

Bronco lives rent free in your head, my man.

Lol, sure does, I can't sleep right haha. So if it did I would have saved the pic I saw of the new one side by side with an 80's full size bronco and posted it here....but I'm not worried, y'all will see it if you haven't already. They are the same size lol. You'll see. It's more full size than not. As I said before, I'm sure it'll be the mutts nutts for many people. What it is not though is a mid-size competitor to the Jeep Wranglers. You'll just have to live with that haha.

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Culinary Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Lol, sure does, I can't sleep right haha. So if it did I would have saved the pic I saw of the new one side by side with an 80's full size bronco and posted it here....but I'm not worried, y'all will see it if you haven't already. They are the same size lol. You'll see. It's more full size than not. As I said before, I'm sure it'll be the mutts nutts for many people. What it is not though is a mid-size competitor to the Jeep Wranglers. You'll just have to live with that haha.
Bronco vs Wrangler specs

EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS
2021 Ford Bronco2020 Jeep Wrangler
Length190.5 in188.4 in
Wheelbase116.1 in118.4 in
Width76.3 in73.8 in
Front / rear track65 / 65 in62.9 / 62.9 in
Height73.9 in74.0 in
Towing capacity3,500 pounds3,500 pounds
Payload capacity1,370 pounds1,351 pounds

So...Bronco is a whopping 2.1 inches longer, a huge 2.5 inches wider, and also .1 inches shorter.

Yep. Definitely a full size. No comparison whatsoever to the "mid size" Wrangler.
Sponsored