Sponsored

Bruh, You Sure The Spacers Were Tight?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah, that looks like the rotor attached to loose wheel. Reinforces my speculation the hub bearing separated. Wheel spacers is probably still the root cause of that though.

OP
OP
Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Yeah, that looks like the rotor attached to loose wheel. Reinforces my speculation the hub bearing separated. Wheel spacers is probably still the root cause of that though.
Yep. Me putting "spacers" in the thread title wasn't meant to be a definitive analysis.
I just see so many around here that as setup like that, and or ridiculous offsets. They have no clue how much leverage they're putting on the stock components.

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
If I was in either vehicle, I'd never get that stain out of my pants. That's insane!
I would have pulled so much vacuum with my asshole. The seat cover would have been pulled off.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
It's not wheel spacers that caused the problem. As those are between the rotor and wheel. To me, the spindle snapped. Wheel bearing froze up and welded it's self to the hub and spindle. Snapping the spindle. Seen it before.

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
Even the guys on one of the Chevy forums are shocked how the KIA performed. They actually had good things to say about it. But on the other hand, they were talking about how strong the Chevy wheel was, being able to launch a Kia that high. They also mentioned things like, that's what happens with wheel spacers.

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
It's not wheel spacers that caused the problem. As those are between the rotor and wheel. To me, the spindle snapped. Wheel bearing froze up and welded it's self to the hub and spindle. Snapping the spindle. Seen it before.
I was thinking the the wheel spacers are acting as an extension and are applying more force/load on the wheel bearing. Spacers may not have broke, but I believe they added to the failure.

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I was thinking the the wheel spacers are acting as an extension and are applying more force/load on the wheel bearing. Spacers may not have broke, but I believe they added to the failure.
Same thing with rims with lots of offset.

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
I had read an article on this and it was mentioned the studs had sheared off. Not sure if that was any speculation or fact? According to the report, the California Highway Patrol was the agency that stated this to the media.
The pickup made it safely to the shoulder of the highway.
Sponsored