Sponsored

Build Orders On Hold till June or July???

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
I don’t get it. I ordered mine 3/17 and I literally just got the VIN on Monday. How do people who order after me get their vehicle before me? I just hope I get mine soon. Crypto says it found my window sticker but when I click to view, it says “a window sticker is not available for this vehicle”. Huh?
You're in Canada. That seems to be the reason. I ordered over a month ago and I still don't have a VIN. Other Canadians on this forum report the same.
Sponsored

Deleted member 28696

They absolutely will activate it. I’m surprised the dealer said no, unless it was an unknowleagble sales person or something that’s clueless. They love those bc they charge you $100 or more to do it. It’s actually incredibly common. My dealer charges $85.
That's not what I've been finding at all in fact just the opposite, they don't even know how to install the bed plug or even order the parts. The others on this forum are seeing exactly the same thing with theirs. Not just one dealer said no I called at least five dealers and they all said no or had no clue where to start. They will not activate it if it wasn't installed by the factory & they won't install it after the fact. I even had to sign a disclaimer from MOPAR saying that this option was not tied to my VIN so I couldn't return it & no guarantees that It would fit my truck. I had to go out and purchase a TAZER JL MINI and install it myself and activate it myself.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t get it. I ordered mine 3/17 and I literally just got the VIN on Monday. How do people who order after me get their vehicle before me? I just hope I get mine soon. Crypto says it found my window sticker but when I click to view, it says “a window sticker is not available for this vehicle”. Huh?
That's not what I've been finding at all in fact just the opposite, they don't even know how to install the bed plug or even order the parts. The others on this forum are seeing exactly the same thing with theirs. Not just one dealer said no I called at least five dealers and they all said no or had no clue where to start. They will not activate it if it wasn't installed by the factory & they won't install it after the fact. I even had to sign a disclaimer from MOPAR saying that this option was not tied to my VIN so I couldn't return it & no guarantees that It would fit my truck. I had to go out and purchase a TAZER JL MINI and install it myself and activate it myself.
Based off what you’re saying it every bit sounds to me like they don’t know what they are doing. The fact that they don’t know how to order parts and make you sign a disclosure is mind boggling. It’s a stupid simple, actual process. The cost varies but they can do it. I don’t know what else to tell you other than what you’re seeing is not true in the least bit. I can’t believe a dealer wouldn’t jump at the opportunity to purchase the LED lights (as an example) and install them, then add the code to your VIN. That’s a money maker! Maybe you’re just not in a mod heavy area, so the dealer isn’t as exposed to add-ons and such.

Before purchasing my JTR last year I contemplated the Sport and was going to add the LEDs and proximity after. Both dealers I asked were happy to add the codes for me. The bug one was $85 and the other was $115. Only kicker is they charge for EACH add. So even if you go in wanting both added the fee applies to each. They both said the same reason, and was that it’s because that’s what Jeep does, charges for each change.

McCLoude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2019 WK2 TH
My dealership has not given me a VON yet. Ordered May 6. Reached out to the jeep chat. They cant do anything without at least a VON. But I did ask about the microchip shortage.

I asked - Will the jeep gladiator rubicon diesel be affected by the microchip shortage?

"No it is not on the list of the vehicles affected from what I see. ", For those that care, she also mention the "Ram 1500 isn't affected either".
" I can understand the worry with everything that is happening in the world but do not worry! We are doing what we can to work through this to ensure the vehicles will be built."

edit - dealership just gave me my VIN (skipped the VON stage). new chat person:
" I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly."

Last edited:

Sponsored

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Steel plant
Yep. Seems so. Canadians have to wait.
Im always prepared to wait
The JT will be my 3rd ordered Jeep, both before I ended up waiting a fair bit of time. I believe I was the longest wait time on the JK forums back in 15 hahaha, took almost 19 weeks to come in. My JL took 14 weeks, but I lucked out and had pictures sent to me of it being built so that wasn’t that bad.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
My JL took 14 weeks, but I lucked out and had pictures sent to me of it being built so that wasn’t that bad.
How'd ya swing that?

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Steel plant
How'd ya swing that?
Through a corvette fb group haha. I built a C3 stingray for my dad and there was a post about corvettes and jeeps so I posted my JK and mentioned I was waiting for a new one
Reached out to me and said if he seen it hed send me a picture. Wasn’t expecting a whole slew of them
Jeep Gladiator Build Orders On Hold till June or July??? 9CB300A5-4A7C-4525-AEF3-5AD6721F8ED4
Jeep Gladiator Build Orders On Hold till June or July??? 98F90DCA-AE75-431F-B1A7-F81A23BDC720

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Through a corvette fb group haha. I built a C3 stingray for my dad and there was a post about corvettes and jeeps so I posted my JK and mentioned I was waiting for a new one
Reached out to me and said if he seen it hed send me a picture. Wasn’t expecting a whole slew of them
That's amazing! I stopped by the Corvette museum in KY a few weeks ago and the part that impressed me the most was the 'nursery' or whatever they call it where you can pick up your order from their showroom floor. I know plenty would pay more for production pics and a similar opportunity from Jeep.

Jeepguy002

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Cell Culture and Purification Technician
That is somewhat encouraging for me. Ordered a JTM on 4/20 with pretty much the same option set. Manual trans would be the biggest difference for me and probably why mine isn't scheduled until the 14th. How many keys did you get? Some were saying that there would only be one key provided until the whole shortage thing starts to clear up.
I just received two keys with my Gladiator that arrived on Saturday.

Sponsored

Sharpke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Morgan
I ordered mine 4/29 and shipped 5/14 so don’t think there is a delay at this point. I ordered a Mojave, hard top, manual, cloth and pretty much every option after that.

Tokolosh

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q7, 2014 Ford Fusion, 2015 Chrysler T&C
Occupation
Director in Automotive Industry
I just visited a dealer to check out a Nacho Willys I was interested in. He told me that for most of their FCA brands order to delivery is a long wait but Jeeps are coming through quick.

He said that for the last few months all customer orders and stock orders that are Jeep are coming through in 30-45 days.

That’s good news if it holds across the country.

shbiv

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport 6M, 1996 Toyota T-100 5M
I ordered mine 4/29 and shipped 5/14 so don’t think there is a delay at this point. I ordered a Mojave, hard top, manual, cloth and pretty much every option after that.
That is amazing. I ordered mine 4/27 and it has been sitting in D status. Base Sport with Manual transmission.

bbuilder49

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JL
I ordered mine on 4/9. Its been sitting in inspection for 2 weeks now. My dealer was told most are going to storage until they get the chips. Mine hasnt been moved yet so he thinks it will make it through soon. This was the information he gave me on tuesday.

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape, 2008 VW GTI
A little advice for those of you whom have cars they want to trade in. If you can sell your car privately now and bank it, I would definitely do that.

I'm even considering private selling my wife's Escape whose lease is up in September, I can get like $3-4k over what I owe on the note! Insane.

I feel like this used car thing stays true through June as the country is currently filled with men with Trump & Biden bucks looking to put $7,500-$10,000 into a vehicle that's essentially free money they weren't budgeting.
Sponsored