Sponsored

Build Status Codes and Sequence

Chonkyrubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
My Rubicon build has been D1 since it was ordered (4/2) but on 4/18 the dealer said it was still D1 with estimated ship date of 5/16. On 4/27 the dealer said estimated ship date was changed to 5/3. On 5/5 the dealer said estimated ship date is now 5/9 but that it’s still in D1 status. The entire time Jeep Chat has given me the “your vehicle is scheduled for production” response.

What’s the more reliable information these days - status code or estimated ship date? My dealer said they typically see the truck ship within a week of the estimated ship date but I’m skeptical because of the build status.

Update: Jeep Chat said “vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. Currently no dealer ETA has been provided.” Big improvement from D1 status - any guess what’s holding it up? Maybe spray in bed liner?
Sponsored

Last edited:

trizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Diesel
My Rubicon build has been D1 since it was ordered (4/2) but on 4/18 the dealer said it was still D1 with estimated ship date of 5/16. On 4/27 the dealer said estimated ship date was changed to 5/3. On 5/5 the dealer said estimated ship date is now 5/9 but that it’s still in D1 status. The entire time Jeep Chat has given me the “your vehicle is scheduled for production” response.

What’s the more reliable information these days - status code or estimated ship date? My dealer said they typically see the truck ship within a week of the estimated ship date but I’m skeptical because of the build status.

Update: Jeep Chat said “vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. Currently no dealer ETA has been provided.” Big improvement from D1 status - any guess what’s holding it up? Maybe spray in bed liner?
Yes, bed liner goes to a vendor. Look around in e the forum though. I'd temper your expectations of getting your truck on any set timeline. Best of luck.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Here's a new code to add to the list: KZ LD

A bit of Internet sleuthing and it sounds like KZLD is the latest catch-all for shipping delays. Some rumors about it being a code used to help manage customer expectations. Instead of progress updates & missed expectations, it magically appears at the dealership and the happy day arrives.

Coldtoes

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon - Hyrdro Blue
Here's a new code to add to the list: KZ LD

A bit of Internet sleuthing and it sounds like KZLD is the latest catch-all for shipping delays. Some rumors about it being a code used to help manage customer expectations. Instead of progress updates & missed expectations, it magically appears at the dealership and the happy day arrives.
Another similar is KZ S which is pending shipping, but not scheduled to ship and no ETA... it's a wonderful blackhole to be in.

Pedal Metal

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1975 Camaro, 1973 Beetle
Occupation
Analyst

Yes, bed liner goes to a vendor. Look around in e the forum though. I'd temper your expectations of getting your truck on any set timeline. Best of luck.
I would not expect your car at the dealership until after it arrives. Yes, I realize that’s stupid, but it may be the only lifeline for sanity in the crazy making process of figuring out where your order is. Good luck!

Sponsored

Chonkyrubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I would not expect your car at the dealership until after it arrives. Yes, I realize that’s stupid, but it may be the only lifeline for sanity in the crazy making process of figuring out where your order is. Good luck!
It spent 1 day getting the bed liner, 2 days in KZLD, then 7 days in shipping to Salt Lake City. It arrived on a Saturday at the rail yard and was at the dealer by Wednesday.

Grand total was 7.5 weeks ordered to delivered