Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I like the soft side bed cover.
How hard it it to install/remove?
without the cage ultra simple. unbutton the sides, fold it toward the cab, pull two cotter pins and pick it up. Im going to try and make a review video about it very soon.
Sponsored

Beewdawg

First Name
Brewdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Truck driver
without the cage ultra simple. unbutton the sides, fold it toward the cab, pull two cotter pins and pick it up. Im going to try and make a review video about it very soon.
A video would be great. I just ordered a tonneau cover but think I might like that cover even more

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Got the water tank wired up and mostly plumbed. Im trying to consider ways to do the vent for it and the fill.
So you have to have a fill port, an output port and a ventilation port.
What I thought about doing to lessen my plumbing was make the output port double as an input port. Basically I would take the end that plugs into the sink and quick disconnect it, put that line in water then reverse the pump to pump the water into the tank instead of out of it. The vent port remains unchanged. (Im not sure if the pump can even do that, im just cheap and try and think of ways to get mutli uses out of things lol)
My other thought was to make the larger port (its 1.5") double as an input and a vent. Basically I could cut 2 holes into the 1.5" (its threaded but not cut out) I would basically pour water into
an elbow, the water goes into the bottom hole but the top hole is un-used (pouring slowly here) providing a vent.
I ran out of time though today and may try and work on more here in a bit if I can talk my kids into hanging out in the garage lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I should have taken more pictures but its hard to be camera man, builder and watching my kids (6 and 7 years old) all at the same time. lol
I used fittings that screwed into the ports, they had barb connectors that I just connected small tubing to the pump then to a quick disconnect then to the sink. I bought too much tube so I just will run the extra section to the front kinda like a fill tube. I figure even though the diameter is small I could still use say a water filter to trickle fill it if I wanted, maybe even while driving... 🤔
you arent supposed to use water hoses or anything with a bunch of force to fill these apparently. basically just supposed to pour the water in it. But everything is tapped the pump is wired and I just have to put the tank back in work out some brackets to keep it from moving around. I went with 10 lbs because I figured it would be close to 70 lbs but as I look at it Im thinking I could have easily gone with a 20 gallon, I may add another 10 on top of this one down the road. I wasnt sure if the pump could be above the tank or if it had to be below it so I just mounted it to the floor close to the output port.
Will try and get better pics tonight or tomorrow. Kinda wanting to get this thing back out of the garage (just have it in there because its has air conditioning lol) so I can get my workouts going again.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Some of my thoughts going forward here. Its funny how my brain works. I get things laid out then you kinda use things and say "ya know it would be real nice if it was setup this way..." then the sleepless nights start as you brainstorm lol
Here is a birds eye of my current layout:
Jeep Gladiator Build Thread- update page 4 layout

So water, lets talk about it.
It currently works but is a real pain to fill the tank. The goal zero is kinda in the way and you cant see the tank very well. currently I have a hose running to the rear with a funnel and you can just pour fill it that way. I could basically add a port on the top right corner that acts as a fill port and has a vent (I think they have combo on amazon) then I could simply ad a quick disconnect towards the rear like this:
Jeep Gladiator Build Thread- update page 4 716NKX2LzxL._AC_SL1500_

pull my sink out (it already has a quick disconnect end) and plug it in or a shower hose or sprayer etc. Seems like that would add some versatility to my setup.

Electrical:
Well I think I need to bite the bullet and just get a house battery, even if its small. It would allow me to run everything even for a short time without the goal zero. My goal zero can piggyback to AGM batteries only but I could easily put it in the top left corner and use one of the NOCO A/C port plug to power a trickle charger.
Basically I could run the house battery to my switches I have installed now. then use the goal zero solar/on site to charge everything. My biggest issue is that the anderson plug that runs from the front of my GZ to the switch panel is REAL short, like under 20" I would guess and it REALLY limits where I can put things. so if I ran the house battery to the switches instead then used the GZ to keep it topped (I think I can get an anderson plug as long as I would want). Then I can use solar/on site power to my GZ that is also charging the house.

I always feel like this after I try and explain stuff on here haha

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got a video up about it. Hopefully it answers your question and isnt too long winded.
I've had mine for about a year now, and I can honestly say, it's one of my favorite mods. It works perfectly for our life style.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I've had mine for about a year now, and I can honestly say, it's one of my favorite mods. It works perfectly for our life style.
I think it is pretty good overall.
I was worried when the other newer version came out thinking I'd regret not waiting but I don't hear much about it.

Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The fact that
I think it is pretty good overall.
I was worried when the other newer version came out thinking I'd regret not waiting but I don't hear much about it.
The fact that the front window does not come out was a deal breaker for me when I considered switching...

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Before I start cutting holes in my trailer I figured I would ask.
I've got that power cord from Amazon (from the other thread) and also a water quick disconnect that will be here in a few.
So the electrical is for charging the setup here at the house or anywhere that has on site power. Just that simple port on the side, but I got two lines for inside. One I'll run to the house charger for the gz and one to a trickle charger (hard mounted) to the house battery (be here tomorrow).
Anything I should consider for my hole locations? I'm thinking right here for both sides. So the green hose will have a quick disconnect end I'll be able to plug it right into that white circle the attach it to the sink, a sprayer or whatever.
The water tank is just behind that circle and the pump just before the tire.
Jeep Gladiator Build Thread- update page 4 20210816_133700

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Before I start cutting holes in my trailer I figured I would ask.
I've got that power cord from Amazon (from the other thread) and also a water quick disconnect that will be here in a few.
So the electrical is for charging the setup here at the house or anywhere that has on site power. Just that simple port on the side, but I got two lines for inside. One I'll run to the house charger for the gz and one to a trickle charger (hard mounted) to the house battery (be here tomorrow).
Anything I should consider for my hole locations? I'm thinking right here for both sides. So the green hose will have a quick disconnect end I'll be able to plug it right into that white circle the attach it to the sink, a sprayer or whatever.
The water tank is just behind that circle and the pump just before the tire.
Jeep Gladiator Build Thread- update page 4 20210816_133700
I've never hooked up to campsite power and water but are they on the same side of the site? Meaning, maybe check into that and possibly mount both ports on the same side? I dunno, that's the only thing that jumps out at me... I don't even know where I'm going to be putting mine yet.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I've never hooked up to campsite power and water but are they on the same side of the site? Meaning, maybe check into that and possibly mount both ports on the same side? I dunno, that's the only thing that jumps out at me... I don't even know where I'm going to be putting mine yet.
It wont matter as Ill just bring an extension cord. Can always just turn the trailer around.
I wont be able to hook up to water with this setup I dont think, you cant fill the tank from your house water hose etc, youll pop it. basically you are supposed to fill it by pouring the water in yourself (the use the term fill dish).
Ill have to run to lowes, I have a 2 1/2" hole saw and the power needs a 2". The water port is 2 11/32 or something weird (2.65"" and Ill have to use the 2 1/2 and do the rest by hand. Need a few odd and end adapters of course what I had on hand was the wrong size. :p

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
welp. Went to get all my fittings for the water hookup and they didnt have a quick disconnect that would work with it. I checked on the listing and it said it had a proprietary fitting. Thats why I dont cut until I know I have everything lol
I did get a hole saw for the outlet side and ill probably end up doing it tomorrow.
Sponsored