First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Kinda put work off on things, been too hot to enjoy much and I had a bunch if other important things I had to work on.
But fall is around the corner and things are at least cool in the mornings so I got the following done:
House battery, cutoff switch, exterior electrical hookup.
Exterior water port, quick disconnect.
Wiring Cleaned up.

Everything worked out as I had hoped. The house battery connects to the goal zero fine, everything seems to charge fine and nothing seems overloaded.

Stuff left to do, tie/secure things. Add lighting.

Quick video, hot off the presses.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Well its been just a few since I updated this.
Its not that Ive forgotten or havent had much to say. More that Ive been quietly trying to "up my game" some. This year I only really got one trip in, ill post the link below, but its just been a matter of timing and ability. It's hard to get 3 kids packed and out, then figure out 3 dogs also haha!
Im really trying to grow social media some, instagram is pretty easy you can get followers for days there. Im fighting for every youtube sub I can get though and I think just focusing on better content, better filming and production in the end will help vs lots of mediocre content.
So things I have been working on behind the scenes...
Drone- finally got one and I love it. Need way more practice though. 4k footage is insane.
4k monitor- obvious choice, its nice!
Ive been trying to also find some software for videos, Ive been using MovieMaker in windows for like a decade and Ive gotten great at it but I feel like I need more. The Drone came with Corel VideoStudio 2020, honestly its been a big change both good and bad. But Ive run into an exporting issue where youtube thinks every video is 360 degree/VR video and I cant figure it out.
So I suppose, in a way, Im wrapping up this year as far as modifications. Im happy with the truck where it is and its not my weak link really. Im going to plan out a few things for next year and see if I can get myself in a routine and on track.

Here is my latest trip, kind of a special one. Im still trying to get part 2 edited and up.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Sliding drawers are the way to go when you have a trailer like that. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Sliding drawers are the way to go when you have a trailer like that. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Yeah i agree. I had a premade sink setup and it forced me to put a center wall in which dictated where i could put other items. Ive since sold my big goal zero and got something else (video on channel soon). Id like to make the bars that hold the tent able to telescope for driving purposes. Currently its a bit of a drag. We'll see what i can come up with.
The water lines are done i just need to go get two ends and that spray nozzle for the sink. Ive not found a great water pump spot but the water tank is basically set.
Once the water lines are done the drawers are already made and they will go in and things will move quicker. :)

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Things have certainly taken a turn on this build. My wife has never really been excited about it. I decided to sell it. She wants a traditional pop-up camper that she feels is roomier and "safer". And I want a very solo setup when it's just me and my guy friends, seems fair right?
A pop-up camper means I don't have to build anything a/c is a thing in the right places and the family is excited to go. It will pull easier being low profile. All wins.
So I go to set it up and the tent won't lock open. That hinge is wonky I messed with it for hours and gave up.
That night I ordered a new tent but before I pressed "complete order" I said honey this is a two person tent that will be on the truck, are you sure I won't need a 4 person? (She changes her mind rapidly). So we start talking and I showed her that huge annex and all. We drifted to bathroom setups, I explained pop campers the bathroom is basically under one of the kitchen seats, no privacy etc. Well that was it. The pop up camper idea was done. I told her my plan was a Joolca hot water setup with a shower and a bathroom that isn't attached to the truck. She said that seemed way nicer.
Then I said, I'll fix the rtt and sell it and keep the trailer and just use it for storage. It tows easy and with a tent will not be a drag to pull down the highway. So I'll be re-envisioning the setup. We have a beach trip we are planning as long as world War 3 doesn't happen. I'll keep you guys posted.
Hoping new tent will ship out soon.
Tuff stuff alpha!

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Ok changing my setup on the truck for next year. Decked- sold. I liked it but it was limiting as far as fridge setups could go. Didn't like gear being near bed rail height.

Softopper- sold. Great for dust and rain but was tired of try to put a rtt over it. I have 2" of room to tighten bolts between it and the rack. Tired of it.

Datin fab rack- sold. Solid rack but showing its age as far as bed racks go.

I had a tepui rtt it's long gone. Replaced with tuff stuff alpha. Grabbed the annex for cheap also.

New rack went on today. I got the leitner acs forged. Great solid easy to assemble rack. Well thought out. I grabbed one small bin for now. It will house the ecoflow.
Grabbed some 35s, my friend went 37s on that Walmart deal they had a few months ago. (4 37s for like $430)

20221210_142346.jpg

20221210_142328.jpg