Bull Bar for factory steel bumper

MyRight

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Freedom, 2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo
I'm looking for a bull bar that will mount up to the factory steel bumper that also doesn't block the winch access on the bumper.

I think the one by Mopar is just too low profile and doesn't offer much protection.
I'm not looking to go with a different bumper, just want to add a bull bar to my factory steel bumper.
What did you go with and why?
Sponsored

Last edited:

WonderBeardo

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Supply Chain Guru/Nerd
I'm looking for a bull bar that will mount up to the factory steel bumper that also doesn't block the winch access on the bumper.

I'm not looking to go with a different bumper, just want to add a bull bar to my factory steel bumper.
What did you go with and why?
I went with the Warn one for mine, just based on reviews and a buddy that had one. I don't live anywhere where there is salt on the roads during winter anymore but wanted one that wouldn't rust as easy. The Warn had good reviews from that, I went with the tallest they had to not impede with my front camera but the offer 3 different heights. Was a pretty simple bolt on install and I think cost around $180 from Amazon.

JT.png

OP
OP
MyRight

MyRight

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with the Warn one for mine, just based on reviews and a buddy that had one. I don't live anywhere where there is salt on the roads during winter anymore but wanted one that wouldn't rust as easy. The Warn had good reviews from that, I went with the tallest they had to not impede with my front camera but the offer 3 different heights. Was a pretty simple bolt on install and I think cost around $180 from Amazon.

Jeep Gladiator Bull Bar for factory steel bumper JT
Yes, that's about what I am looking for...I've seen too many front end impacts with other vehicles where the Jeep was saved from significant damage by having an installed bull bar.
The Mopar one looks like it is more of a winch protector than anything.

WonderBeardo

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Supply Chain Guru/Nerd
Yes, that's about what I am looking for...I've seen too many front end impacts with other vehicles where the Jeep was saved from significant damage by having an installed bull bar.
The Mopar one looks like it is more of a winch protector than anything.
Yeah I was torn on the mid-height or the tall one but with the camera I went bigger. I don't think you can go wrong either way though, they are well built and sturdy.

OP
OP
MyRight

MyRight

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This Black Horse Bull Bar looks like it is designed to be winch accessible...
3"...that's a beefy bar.

Jeep Gladiator Bull Bar for factory steel bumper s-l500

But this Warn Medium height bar looks to cover the grill area I was concerned about..

Jeep Gladiator Bull Bar for factory steel bumper bar

Sponsored

Jeeptruck

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon launch edition
Jeep Gladiator Bull Bar for factory steel bumper ECC49A48-A4BA-43F1-A388-08237B18228E

I went with the medium warn bar. I wanted deer protection. That bull bar you showed would still let the deer flip up and smash the grill.

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
ECC49A48-A4BA-43F1-A388-08237B18228E.jpeg

I went with the medium warn bar. I wanted deer protection. That bull bar you showed would still let the deer flip up and smash the grill.
Does that block your camera at all? Does it protrude out past the bumper at all (my garage is short).

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
I haven’t seen that winch cover before. Can you share a link to that?

Sponsored

Jeeptruck

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does that block your camera at all? Does it protrude out past the bumper at all (my garage is short).
It doesn’t protrude past the bumper, so no worries there. As far as the camera, I still see what I need to but it does take up some of the image vs no bar. I wouldn’t say it “blocks” it though.

Jeeptruck

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same. @Jeeptruck where did you get that winch cover?
Sorry no link bc I fabricated it. ☹
Jeep Gladiator Bull Bar for factory steel bumper 032741F8-1857-4725-B38C-88E37FF1062E

Someone noticed it before and said they’d buy one if I built it. The problem is I wouldn’t know how different the heights would be for different winches and winch mounting kits. I also mounted the control box under the hood so that would be required for it to look that low profile.
Appreciate that you guys like it!

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Sorry no link bc I fabricated it. ☹
Jeep Gladiator Bull Bar for factory steel bumper 032741F8-1857-4725-B38C-88E37FF1062E

Someone noticed it before and said they’d buy one if I built it. The problem is I wouldn’t know how different the heights would be for different winches and winch mounting kits. I also mounted the control box under the hood so that would be required for it to look that low profile.
Appreciate that you guys like it!
Nice work!!