First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I went with the Rockhard full width steel. The bumper and winch compressed my suspension 1/4". The Rockhard bumper eliminates the factory Rubicon Skid Plate. I picked the Rockhard for the way it provides a place for tow bar brackets. Not having to buy a baseplate for towing makes the price easier to live with. They sell an aluminum version for the weight conscious. My bumper was ordered from Rubitrax and drop shipped to my home. Here is my write up:

Rockhard full width bumper install | Jeep Gladiator Forum - JeepGladiatorForum.com

i-pjz2sbh-xl-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
It's ''basic bitch" because the bumper was literally made for the truck...and is probably the best-looking one you're going to find.
I'm not a fan of how low it sits compared to other options, the gap between the fenders and the bumper, but mostly how the wings can't take an impact....

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
Oh can you post more pics of that? That one is in the running for me....my concern is the Mojave skid plate, would it work with it...
Let me see what I have....this does have a built in skid that goes up underneath the front end replacing the rubicon skid with a better skid...I will post some pics but I am afraid I do not have any showing the skid right now. By the way I just ordered the rear bumper from RockHard as well.

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good! i went and looked at their full width. 1/4 thick aluminum is pretty nice, and the damn thing is 40lbs. How do you feel the quality/fit/finish is in person? How was Rock Hard to work with during ordering etc? I might call and ask if they could make a higher brush guard portion.
Well I had an 02 TJ prior to my Gladiator...used RockHard for a rear bumper and tire swing/basket combo. Since ordering this bumper I have a rear bumper on order from them. I find their quality to be good, they are very busy but very accessible to talk with or to email with. I don’t think I have ever waited more than a couple of hours to overnight to get a response. Their video instructional videos are a big plus.

As I said they are busy so their turnaround may not be great and shipping is expensive..I still find they are worth it. I ordered a rear bumper because my truck got hit on back corner just before Christmas. I contacted them just before New Year to find out what turn-around time I would be looking at...they said they were swamped and at best it would be close to 6 weeks. I explained that I was replacing rear out of necessity and was trying to coordinate with body shop. They said they would do their best. I ordered on New Year’s Eve and I got a shipping notice on 1/8.....I would say they understood my need and responded way above my expectations.

I would not hesitate to order from them......though I wish shipping was not so expensive.

Sponsored

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I really like that. I wish there were more options for those of us who do not want a winch ....
Do they not sell one without a winch space? If they don’t list it...reach out to them via e-mail and tell them what you want. They are a fabrication shop and I bet they can fix you up with what you need.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.

Hamandcamo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Occupation
Actor
I know OP has selected a bumper, but I would like to continue the concept he had in the original post. Does any company make a bumper that offers as much protection as the image below? I find it odd that jeeps are the only truck that don't have an aftermarket solution. Even full size trucks have full sized arb bumpers to choose from.

Jeep Gladiator Bumper dilemma 1610497799793

Sponsored

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
I know OP has selected a bumper, but I would like to continue the concept he had in the original post. Does any company make a bumper that offers as much protection as the image below? I find it odd that jeeps are the only truck that don't have an aftermarket solution. Even full size trucks have full sized arb bumpers to choose from.

Jeep Gladiator Bumper dilemma 1610497799793
Suggest you check out the Genright site...they have a couple of aluminum bumpers that provide brush guard protection for the grill and headlight area.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Suggest you check out the Genright site...they have a couple of aluminum bumpers that provide brush guard protection for the grill and headlight area.
i missed those

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
i missed those
Also check Hefty Fabworks. I believe their bumpers are steel and their site doesn't show brush guards on the JL/JT bumper...but, I have been led to believe that they are willing in many cases to make mods to their products.

Hamandcamo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Occupation
Actor
I didn't really see anything on those sites that offer the level of protection as the pic below. It may be one of those things that I have to fabricate myself I guess. I would think there is a market for it. The closest thing I've found is the Manowar bumpers for the Jk's.
Jeep Gladiator Bumper dilemma Patriot-Campers--Toyota-LandCruiser-79-Series-build-goes-global-main

Gladrubi20

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the Rockhard full width steel. The bumper and winch compressed my suspension 1/4". The Rockhard bumper eliminates the factory Rubicon Skid Plate. I picked the Rockhard for the way it provides a place for tow bar brackets. Not having to buy a baseplate for towing makes the price easier to live with. They sell an aluminum version for the weight conscious. My bumper was ordered from Rubitrax and drop shipped to my home. Here is my write up:

Rockhard full width bumper install | Jeep Gladiator Forum - JeepGladiatorForum.com

Jeep Gladiator Bumper dilemma Patriot-Campers--Toyota-LandCruiser-79-Series-build-goes-global-main
Wow I just installed this same Apex winch and scoped out cutting a new hole to run the power cable out the left side of the control box. Glad to see someone successfully did this!
Sponsored