Sponsored

Can anyone help me identify this install problem?

OP
OP

Jlamb

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gadiator Sport
I’m so glad I did not buy those. Way too many issues
Hey John,

If you like these taillights do not allow the issues with the programing issues scare you. Follow Drew's advice with the Jscan. It's inexpensive and simple to make the changes to allow these lights to work properly. It's worth the investment as you can use it for future adjustments and maintenance/performance scanning. These taillights look great, especially at night. To each his own and that is what's great about Jeep ownership. You can make it unique to your individual preferences.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jlamb

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gadiator Sport
The problem is in vehicles programing not the tail lights. Fix that and they work perfect. I haven't found any upgrade or modification that is cheap or easy. If you like these tail lights and think its worth the price the issues are easily resolved and you have a tool to use in the future to make other adjustments and identify operating, maintenance or vehicle problems in the future. I am not suggesting how you spent your hard owned money. My point is not to allow the noise scare you from this product if you reallly like them. I am very happy I purchased these tail lights and learned how to make programming modifications and having a tool to monitor my vehicles performance.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I've unplugged my gateway about 30 times. I remove the trim under the steering wheel to get to it. Removal #30 - broke a clip on the trim, the bottom right one. Time for the extension cables.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
The problem is in vehicles programing not the tail lights.
Debatable. Oracle are not the only ones who make LED taillights for vehicles that are halogen from the factory. Oracle are the only ones who routinely have issues.

I am currently running Gladiator LED Taillights With Black Housing/ Smoked Lens Pair Jeep JT 2020-2022 (cjponyparts.com) on my jeep without the LED package or factory blind spot, and i did not require an extra purchase to get them to work properly.

Furthermore, your personal experience of having issues with only one of your two taillights should tell you that, while there is a fix available for your jeep to make your taillights work, it is not a jeep problem.

OP
OP

Jlamb

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gadiator Sport
Hey Jim, sorry if I stuck a nerve. Not my intention. I didn't want the protruding lens and really like the oracle tail light. Not trying to convince anyone or repping oracle in anyway. To each his own. Glad your happy with your choice but seems like your trying push people away from this lens. I dont think you will ever accept the idea that a mod programing change from halogen to LED fixes this problem. Well it did for me and others within this forum. I appreciated the help I recieved to make this light work. I also have a new tool to make future programming changes and identify repair and maintenance codes. Being hepful was my intention.
Sponsored