Sponsored

Can I put 35s on a Jeep gladiator spot with no lift?

Deleted member 24880

If you remove or or trim the stupid air damns the answer is yes. Why do I know this, because I did It. Now my wheels are a -18 offset so that may have helps a little but I ran Nitto RG 35x12.5x20 On my Black Rhino wheels for a while Before I added my TerraFlex leveling kit. There absolutely ZERO rubbing issues period. Lock to lock, mild off road and daily driving. No I didn’t go rock crawling with it but I still drove it no problem whatsoever. I actually almost didn’t do the level kit since it worked fine but decided I liked the leveled look better.
Sponsored

nates91xj

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
315 70 17s on a non max tow will fit 100% without rubbing on anything on stock wheels (see picture of mine). A true 35 will fit if you take the air damn off or trim as already mentioned, but if it is a 12.5 wide or wider tire and you are running stock wheels without spacers, they will rub on the lower control arms. It is the width that causes the rubbing on the control arms, not the height. Max tow vs non max tow vs overland are all the same when it comes to fender clearance and a 35 will fit on all of them.

Jeep Gladiator Can I put 35s on a Jeep gladiator spot with no lift? 20200529_173717

Deleted member 30519

315 70 17s on a non max tow will fit 100% without rubbing on anything on stock wheels (see picture of mine). A true 35 will fit if you take the air damn off or trim as already mentioned, but if it is a 12.5 wide or wider tire and you are running stock wheels without spacers, they will rub on the lower control arms. It is the width that causes the rubbing on the control arms, not the height. Max tow vs non max tow vs overland are all the same when it comes to fender clearance and a 35 will fit on all of them.

20200529_173717.jpg

I have true Duratrac 35x12.5 that fit my JL sport perfect with plastic insert removed and my gladiator sport as well before I even got my lifts.

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
Simple answer is NO, and the search function is very helpful as this gets asked about every other week.

Bruce
How does it feel to basically have every reply on here different than your answer?? Lol. Guess there isn’t a simple answer.

Deleted member 31576

It’s crazy. I asked the same question. I have an overland. Just put the TeraFlex 1.5” leveler on it. Going to get the Kenda Klever 35x12.5r18 put on them - because people are running them. Guess I’ll find out.

Sponsored

Under-Pressure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I wonder how long it will be before you guys make up a max tow decal where the Rubicon one is located. Max tow max tow max tow that's all I here on this forum anymore. You guys gotta relax
Great idea on the decals. Time to have some RubiTow decals made. :)

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
How does it feel to basically have every reply on here different than your answer?? Lol. Guess there isn’t a simple answer.
The question was never asked about after market offset wheels or trimming the air dams, for just a regular bolt on they will not work plain and simple. requires alterations to work unless you only drive straight or take very wide corners.

Bruce

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
The question was never asked about after market offset wheels or trimming the air dams, for just a regular bolt on they will not work plain and simple. requires alterations to work unless you only drive straight or take very wide corners.

Bruce
Keep telling yourself that.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
So from my own experience, other JTs here, and on threads/posts in groups I have concluded that the simple answer is: yes for JTs with wider axles (Rubicon and Max Tow). No rubbing, but for the Max Tow during greater articulation the 35s will hit the fender fare liner. Rubicon flares they dont unless full articulation, and Rubicons not at all (having run 35s with Sport Max Tow flares, Rubicon flares, and having an unlifted Rubicon follow me on the same trails/lines).

A Sport without the Max Tow package or Overland will have 35x12.5x17 hit the control arms at full turn. 35x11.5x17 is fine. My Max Tow has about half an inch of clearance between tire and control arms. This is according to folks who run the 3.73 gears and 35x12.5x17s and those who run the Nitto 11.5s. And according to the reviews of the JLs running the Kendas 35x11.5x17 on stock wheels they dont have rubbing either

This is of course for rigs without lifts, leveling Kits, wheel spacers, or aftermarket wheels.

Fdisker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is a sport no max tow I put a RC 2.5 inch lift no shocks and 1.5 inch pucks in rear and trimmed down the little air dams in front and I have ironman MT 35s on mine well 34.6 inch but considered 35s and no rubbing

473ADA9E-B108-43CA-858E-24393F1BCA7C.jpeg.jpg

EE4EE669-9536-4DCB-A322-4DC0A2B187B4.jpeg.jpg

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Mine is a sport no max tow I put a RC 2.5 inch lift no shocks and 1.5 inch pucks in rear and trimmed down the little air dams in front and I have ironman MT 35s on mine well 34.6 inch but considered 35s and no rubbing

Jeep Gladiator Can I put 35s on a Jeep gladiator spot with no lift? EE4EE669-9536-4DCB-A322-4DC0A2B187B4.jpe

Jeep Gladiator Can I put 35s on a Jeep gladiator spot with no lift? EE4EE669-9536-4DCB-A322-4DC0A2B187B4.jpe
OP specifically said no lift

Under-Pressure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
So from my own experience, other JTs here, and on threads/posts in groups I have concluded that the simple answer is: yes for JTs with wider axles (Rubicon and Max Tow). No rubbing, but for the Max Tow during greater articulation the 35s will hit the fender fare liner. Rubicon flares they dont unless full articulation, and Rubicons not at all (having run 35s with Sport Max Tow flares, Rubicon flares, and having an unlifted Rubicon follow me on the same trails/lines).

A Sport without the Max Tow package or Overland will have 35x12.5x17 hit the control arms at full turn. 35x11.5x17 is fine. My Max Tow has about half an inch of clearance between tire and control arms. This is according to folks who run the 3.73 gears and 35x12.5x17s and those who run the Nitto 11.5s. And according to the reviews of the JLs running the Kendas 35x11.5x17 on stock wheels they dont have rubbing either

This is of course for rigs without lifts, leveling Kits, wheel spacers, or aftermarket wheels.
This is 100% good info. Thank you!
Sponsored