Sponsored

Can you take the rear roof (Freedom/Hardtop) off, while keeping Sunrider fliptop (front) on?

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
Still waiting on my Mojave order, so spending the interim researching and listing mods I'd like to get... maybe even pre-emptively order them before my Gladiator arrives :)
Once such mod is the Sunroder for hardtop. (Oddly, when I went to order at the dealer, their "system" wouldn't let us add it as an option. Probably better off... maybe get it cheaper as aftermarket.
Before I do, was hoping someone would know... Can I actually remove the rear freedom/hardtop roof and just have the Sunrider on? I'm sure there will be a scenario where I'd like to take the rear roof off, but have the option of putting the front sunrider closed.
I looked at a few install videos, but this configuration wasn't discussed anywhere (or I missed it).
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
You will need to take the sunrider off to take the hardtop off, but once you're completely roofless you can put the sunrider back on.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Yes you can remove the rear and reinstall the flip top. One caveat though. The back is pressed around the hard top weather seal and the c clamp that’s used to hold the sunrider down. When the rear is removed the weather strip is gone. You will have to make up for it. It’s about a 1/2 inch thick. I have done a small towel or some left over weather stripping.

CAEE0D96-3F33-437C-BD34-0B5785EB6178.jpeg

8C432F7B-5EDD-4AA0-94BD-769DF511AF4F.jpeg

OP
OP
KidBobot

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
Amazing. Thanks, all!
Y'all rigs look amazing!
So excited to get mine!!!

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Easy. 6 bolts and slide forward to clear the hard top and access the two front bolts holding the hard top. Pull the top off and slide the sunrider back into place. Reinstall the 6 bolts.

Jeep Gladiator Can you take the rear roof (Freedom/Hardtop) off, while keeping Sunrider fliptop (front) on? PXL_20220528_211337272~3
Sponsored